Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a direct port and edels progressive controller. Wondering whats jets i could run and still be safe. Engines a sbf dart block 363 13.5: vic. Jr heads, super vic intake 950 dom 3.73 gear 3500 stall w anti bal. Plates. Je nitrous pistons forged eagle rods/crank. Cam is 264/254, tried calling the orignal builder to get lsa and lift but couldnt get through to him.
The car has a single bar plate and went 9.90s on a 180 hit but fouled #5 plug out most of the time.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
fouled plug?? something is wrong there Plugs should be clean on nos almost white have you ran a compression test what is your jetting do you have indiviudual timing control?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No just 6al. Smaller shot than a 200 and its fine but 200 up the guy said it always burned the #5 plug out. I havent sprayed that through it bc i.didnt wanna hurt anything. So i went ahead and got a fogger bc i thought it was a distributing problem with the single bar.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Well i personally would check the motor Leak Down and Compression to make sure there is no problems there before i sprayed and i would keep a close eye on that cylinder. the cam does not sound right for a spray motor with that much compression timing will be critical. A fogger is always a better choice on a sbf. I have run similar combinations but i will not comment due to the issues you are currently having might be better to give steve a call and check with him on advise. you can get into some costly repairs by guessing

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Yeah, your cam sounds backwards for nitrous, those durations should be reversed and it needs to be at least a 112 lsa. It is possible that your motor/cam isn't able to inhale any more than the 180 hp that you said it runs good on, and that is why its fouling that plug. It won't take the nitrous, but your still spitting that fuel in there. Just a thought.

As far as the motor taking it, it sounds like a decent shortblock assuming you have good bolts in the rods. It shouldn't have any problems taking 300+ if the cam will let it get in and out of the engine.

·
nightmare on any street..
5,033 Posts
Yeah, your cam sounds backwards for nitrous, those durations should be reversed and it needs to be at least a 112 lsa. It is possible that your motor/cam isn't able to inhale any more than the 180 hp that you said it runs good on, and that is why its fouling that plug. It won't take the nitrous, but your still spitting that fuel in there. Just a thought.

As far as the motor taking it, it sounds like a decent shortblock assuming you have good bolts in the rods. It shouldn't have any problems taking 300+ if the cam will let it get in and out of the engine.
I have a 109 lsa in my car and it works just fine.........Dont know about his car, or a ford for that matter, but you dont have to have at least 112 lsa to run nitrous...hell I sprayed north of 300hp on my fogger with my 108 lsa all motor cam and that sucker was flying.....my custom nitrous cam (from Comp) is only a 109 lsa...lol

89pig- I would do a basic .024N tune-up to get the car going with the fogger. The fuel jet is up to you. Some people fun a 4 jet spread, some run a 6....really up to you.. I would to a 4 jet spread around 5.5psi and let that sucker eat through the 1/8 and kill it and check the plugs...

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input guys, ill def do a compression leakdown. Yea, it will prolly hardly ever see 1/4 mile anymore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts