50 dollars fuel for car
100 dollars to fill nitrous bottles
60 dollars to enter race
about 50 more dollars to fill the cooler

what does it cost you:confused:

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I figured a typtical trip to the track (depending where i went) would be anywhere from 3-600 dollars....

Fuel for tow vehicle
Fuel for race car
Food (race track food is expensive)
Entrance
Extra parts
etc. etc.

Definitly expensive.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I live about 10 minutes from the track so figure $7.00 for gas with my hog of a dually, $50 entry fee and 5 gallons of $9.00 a gallon fuel if I go the final, less if I dont. Throw in $20 for dinner for my son and I and I spend about $125 week/race. My track pays decent after 3rd round and $400-$600 for a final so I'm well into the green this season. I wouldnt race nearly as much if I had to spend $300+ and travel.

bob

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I have tracks close to the house and we only run 1/8 mile. I can get to Greer or Shadyside from home for 4 to 6 gallons of gas for the truck. 25.00 Gas for the generator and scooter 10.00, Entry fee is average 50.00 Racing gas for practice and to win 7 rounds and the race 5 gallons, 30.00 Food and drinks for me a Ricky 30.00 so looks like about $150.00 a race. Add about 100. if we go to Pageland, Mooresville, Farmington or places farther away. That doesn't include any maintenance of the car at all. RM

·
Registered
823 Posts
Marc,
Couldn't resist, who the HELL are you kidding when you say "I run stuff till it wears out":confused:

Brgds,
Bob
You'd be surprised! Hell, I'm STILL running the same set of slicks from the beginning of the year. I run 'em till they start acting up! Same bearings, pistons, rings. Even the oil smells like fuel! :rolleyes: Hell, the clutches are from last year, I just keep up on cutting them. I just replaced the ring/pinion when it started making too much noise! Fractures on the back side of the ring teeth.

I just keep it all shiney for show! ;)

Hope to see you this weekend at Cecil! Should be keraaazy! :smt023

·
Registered
7,540 Posts
LOL Dont cost me nothing except for the pump gas it burns on a pass.... I also run mine everyday the roads are dry and the track or get down spot is a half mile from the house... I can go out make a shot and be home within ten minutes..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts