Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,568 Posts
Probably not enough to notice but there is a difference between those two blowers. Enough so that if I was maxing out a f1c on a high end engine it better have some serious compression and engine rpm to be fast. Lol

·
MFI on CH3OH
14,336 Posts
How much of that 1psi is heat only ;)

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I've consistently seen 30whp per psi on a 450-550whp engine (base NA) with an F1C.
Justin
that is a broad statement...........

you cant say how much because every engine combo will react differently
how big is the cam? how good do the heads flow? whats the engine compression? is there an intercooler? air to air? air to water?
there are so many factors as to how much gain per psi..

also, what kind of dyno are you measuring power with??
I mean...we have a dummy around here who has a dyno that every twin turbo 2010+ camaro that comes off of it makes 1000+ HP at the wheels and only runs low 11's...on like 15 psi......must make a lot more than 30hp per psi according to them

if you measure on an engine dyno its going to read different than a chassis dyno...
what kind of transmission? what size and rpm of stall in an automatic?
is it a dynojet with no eddy brake? or a Mustang dyno with a dual eddy brake?
does the chassis dyno have one big drum, 2 big drums, 2 small drums?
they all read differently

engine boost pressure is just a measure of restriction in the intake....not a total amount of air going thru the engine

the question becomes where is the CFM restriction point.....
it will make a good chunk of power consistently per psi up to that point
once you reach that restriction point, it goes down quite a bit per psi. you still gain power...but there are diminishing returns eventually.
its also the reason why going from 5psi to 6psi is a good gain, but going from 20psi to 21 psi is usually only a fraction of the same power...usually you have to make a bigger jump when you hit that restriction point to get the same gains you did earlier in the boost range

1 - 10 of 10 Posts