Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
The Liquor Makes Me Think
3,131 Posts
No. Probably 400 ish if everything can support that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
a crate motor was probably built around making the advertised 300hp. I would assume that the compression is too high for anything over 6-8psi, and i would guess the internals wont handle much past the advertised 300hp. Crate motors are generally built to make X amount of power for X amount of dollars.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I had a 230 hp 305 that made closer to 350 estimated on 9 psi. I would say 300 hp 350 would be closer to 380-420 on 6-7 psi

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
What would the most boost I could run?
Pretty open ended. Hardto say without knowing the exact combo but i would think whatever gets you closer to 400-450 whp. I mean there was a guy who made 700+ on stock 350 internals but idk how repeatable that would be. These arent lsx motors but probably can hold more than alot think

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
I know this wasn’t the question. But no reason to use twins. Run of the mill amazon gt45 will make all the boost you need cheaply. And more simply.

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
The GM stuff is generally pretty tough as well as underrated. To be very general every atmosphere multiple applied to the engine base power doubles. So for sake of easy math every 15psi applied base hp doubles. So 15psi boost is 600hp assuming everything else is in line like IAT, AFR etc.

Reactions: 91s10

·
Registered
254 Posts
Twins and 6 psi, hmmm, that's a nice idea. Unrealistic, but nice.

Unless you're building this for looks, there is no way you want 6psi. Never seen a motor not live on 6-8 psi with little to no tuning other than pulling a couple degrees of timing. If you go this route, then lean how to tune your fuel and timing and install some type of boost controller, even a manual will work. You'll be breaking pistons at 15-20 psi in months. Then you'll realize how cheap you can get a decent set of rods and budget forged pistons, and bam - you're off to the turbo races lol.

If you can stop at 6psi, then stop over and I'll buy a beer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Twins and 6 psi, hmmm, that's a nice idea. Unrealistic, but nice.

Unless you're building this for looks, there is no way you want 6psi. Never seen a motor not live on 6-8 psi with little to no tuning other than pulling a couple degrees of timing. If you go this route, then lean how to tune your fuel and timing and install some type of boost controller, even a manual will work. You'll be breaking pistons at 15-20 psi in months. Then you'll realize how cheap you can get a decent set of rods and budget forged pistons, and bam - you're off to the turbo races lol.

If you can stop at 6psi, then stop over and I'll buy a beer.
I am going to use a boost controller on it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Very curious to see how a crate 350 would perform with a set of twins. Cool idea especially if you have parts lying around. Sounds fun , and fairly cheap.

Here's my Crate 350 experiment.

GM Targetmaster 350 / Mexican block... Bone stock (no idea how much hp... came in car when I bought it)
144 B&M Mini blower (pullied up and makes 9psi)
E85
HP innovations 850hp carb
32degrees of timing
Dougs 1 3/4 long tubes with 2 1/2 exhaust
TH350 w/ 3500 TCI convertor and 3.73's out back

No idea what kind of power it makes.. need to get it to the dyno when work allows time off.

Can tell you this.. Car feels like it has a big block with a small shot of juice on it. Does great rolling burnouts.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Very curious to see how a crate 350 would perform with a set of twins. Cool idea especially if you have parts lying around. Sounds fun , and fairly cheap.

Here's my Crate 350 experiment.

GM Targetmaster 350 / Mexican block... Bone stock (no idea how much hp... came in car when I bought it)
144 B&M Mini blower (pullied up and makes 9psi)
E85
HP innovations 850hp carb
32degrees of timing
Dougs 1 3/4 long tubes with 2 1/2 exhaust
TH350 w/ 3500 TCI convertor and 3.73's out back

No idea what kind of power it makes.. need to get it to the dyno when work allows time off.

Can tell you this.. Car feels like it has a big block with a small shot of juice on it. Does great rolling burnouts.

View attachment 51297 View attachment 51298
Nice ride. I have always wanted one like it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts