Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for hood clearance in monte ss-stock hood.building engine-has anyone done back to back with only changing intakes. i have a rpm air gap but thinking about a vic jr for 406...thanks

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so with the air gap a=b/2 would be 4.2+5.25\2=4.725....which means actually a jr would give more clearance than an airgap rpm intake???if thats true hmmmm something to think about here

·
Registered
614 Posts
so with the air gap a=b/2 would be 4.2+5.25\2=4.725....which means actually a jr would give more clearance than an airgap rpm intake???if thats true hmmmm something to think about here
Yeah the Victor jr is shorter, another reason I got rid of my RPM that I had on mine.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yeah the Victor jr is shorter, another reason I got rid of my RPM that I had on mine.
Did you change from a RPM to a Vic jr?
If so, what engine and wondering what differences you noticed. Not just top end hp, but mid range tq??

·
Registered
614 Posts
I changed for a few reasons, the motor is a 10:1 406 SBC

1.) Height, aircleaner was hitting the hood
2.) I had a off idle stumble that we figured out was the manifold, the RPM has a solid divider vs. the RPM that has the divider milled down. We concluded that might be the reason
3.) It was cheaper than milling

I got rid of the stumble and the car ran a lot smoother with the Vic. Jr. No track times yet though.

·
Registered
7,703 Posts
Did you change from a RPM to a Vic jr?
If so, what engine and wondering what differences you noticed. Not just top end hp, but mid range tq??
A few years ago, 350 jet sprint race boat. A-B dyno test.
Air gap was very slightly better mid range but inferior in the top. But since these things run in the top only the Vic won out. There was not a lot of difference anywhere

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Wouldnt going from a RPM to a Super victor be a huge jump as compared to going with just a victor jr?

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Thats why I went with the Jr. on my mild motor.
I actually just did the same,went 11.35 with just a performer last year,picked up a vic Jr and having it port matched to my heads,hopefully it picks up some.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts