Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good working gen4 stock suspension car. LSX powered on a plate with 275 or 10.5's. May be able to get to 3150#.

Will 900-1000FWHP be enough to get into the 8's in the 1/4?

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool deal. thanks man. Car should work real good 60', but won't know till its running again. Gonna work up to a 250 shot and try to keep it low maintenance if possible. Goal is to break into the 9's then hopefully sneak up on 8's.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
900 fwhp looks more like 775 through a glide(not sure on your trans). Should be plenty steam to make 8.80s-8.90s. Going to have to get all that 250 shot in as early as possible if not right off the break. I think 8s on spray will be done with a stock bottom end here in the next few months. There are like 5 guys between 9.30-9.50 nitrous stock suspension stock bottom ls1.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool thanks man.

I'm very confident in my engine builder and the car (Its been 5.10-20's a lot). Just wanting to try focus on a class for next year, and of course want the car to be competitive.

The plan is to work my way up on the nitrous side, and try to get 250 turned on asap without putting it on the bumper. (Holley EFI with Monte Smith plate and tune-ups).

I have been high 10s in my street car, and done a lot of 7.0 heads-up 1/8 mile- so I'm making a big jump ET wise. Thats why I dont want to rush it, and get a real good handle on the car.

But once we get it finished and all figured out, I think it should crack into the 8's. Thats the mission anyway. :party

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We went 8.9 @ 154 on motor @ 3150lbs... Set up for spray what ever thats worth.
Made 970 fwhp.
Thanks man. Thats what I'm shooting for ET wise on the bottle. Its gonna take us a while to get a new car figured out, but once we do it should be a good car on a budget.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Engine specs?
6.0 Iron Block
LS3 Heads done by Mike Duke
Cary intake
Wilson 4BBL TB
Holley EFI
Monte Smith Plate
Dragonslayer crank
Lunati ProMod Rods
Diamond custom coated pistons
Vac Pump
Elec WP

Bought most of the stuff one piece at a time, but my builder spent a lot of time with me planning it all out. And especially waiting on me and my budget :p But I'm building my shop at the same time its taking me longer to finish the car.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got a brand new 75mm t6 frame and a2w, but I'm commited to a nitrous setup this far in the build. But do have a junkyard 6.0 I'm gonna have to swap motors with a turbo setup.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Cool deal. thanks man. Car should work real good 60', but won't know till its running again. Gonna work up to a 250 shot and try to keep it low maintenance if possible. Goal is to break into the 9's then hopefully sneak up on 8's.
we went [email protected] at 700rwhp thourgh a glide..

our best 60's were only 1.41 on the 9in slick and IRS...

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts