Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Chinese buffet destroyer
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just kinda wondering, how much of a difference in price if you already have a 10pt cage in the car. g-body car

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Depending on how the car is built (Tin work wise and how many mounts have to be altered to get the diagonals in) but just the cage work around $3500 in Oklahoma

·
fabricator
1,172 Posts
Price highly depends on alot of different things. As mentioned, how the car was built with the existing cage. And do you want bare bones, to pass the required certification. I usually do several more bars than are required for certification, but it makes the car more rigid and in turn, easier to tune and works betters. So my 25.5 cage may run a little higher than someone who just follows the book. Price is relative to what you get.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
$5,000+ here around Iowa. Whatever you do, get a contract. I got phucked out of $6,000 by a shop in Chicago who was supposed to be building me a 25.2. Suffice to say that they had no idea what they were doing. It seems that were farming out the "advanced" chassis work to another place and not telling their customers. By the time I found out and got my car back, I was out $6,000.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Im in Cali, and would do one for $6500-7500. NEVER will I use someone else's cage as a start point though. Nothing personal, but I dont like not knowing how it was put together.
Just my .02

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
speak for yourself jeff,,some of us guy's do this for a living,not a hobby........

Wow I didnt know this was my Hobby, I guess I better start making MAKO turn a profit, I thought it was my hobby..

So Don, I assume this is you...

How much do want to upgrade an existing 10 point to 25.5?

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
There's a guy up here in Washington that does a basic 25.5 cage for $2900 and he does really nice work. And no it's not ust a hobby for him, it's his business.

he must have very little overhead and a wife/girlfriend who supports him...

that probably the cheapest i've ever heard of... we get around 5.5k maybe more/maybe less depending on the car and if its a repeat customer..

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
and like others have mentioned, unless the car was built in a manner that allows us to add on, we wont.. if we have to cut bars off, ect, we would rather start fresh..

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts
7500 in NC for 25.2 guaranteed to cert.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
There's a guy up here in Washington that does a basic 25.5 cage for $2900 and he does really nice work. And no it's not ust a hobby for him, it's his business.

WOW even Mig welding and using HREW tubing would be tough to do that job...

One question, Does he usually build Dirt cars.. There is a guy down here that mainly does Roundy Rounders and he is about 33% cheaper than any one else on cage work. They do not fit real tight but the work is nice.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
our base 25.5 was $3500 and it was incredible work, NBS Race Cars did it

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
i know some guy's that will do a complete 25.2 for materials plus beer....

My brother bought a wolf kit and this guy welded it for a case of beer. The guy welds food grade stainless for a living and every weld was fucking perfect.

·
Big Block Killer
1,011 Posts
so a 25.5 is worth anywhere from a 12 pack to 7500.depending on where you live....
Sounds about right to me...:smt082:smt082:smt082

1 - 20 of 126 Posts