Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buddy who owns it told me 10,000 lbs.

He wants to use my truck with bumper mount class V hitch. That's the max the hitch is rated for. Does everybody else do that? Most I see are being pulled by the bumper.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I have a gehl ctl 80 track machine that is 12000 lbs plus bucket, pallet forks, and trailor I have a f350 power joke and never had any prob.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a CAT 277 with tracks.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,115 Posts
Buddy who owns it told me 10,000 lbs.

He wants to use my truck with bumper mount class V hitch. That's the max the hitch is rated for. Does everybody else do that? Most I see are being pulled by the bumper.
YOU SHOULD BE FINE

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
your lookin closer to 12k ... but shouldnt be an issue

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will be using my F250 so obviously it's a SRW.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,115 Posts
FOR SOME REASON.....BACKING THEM ON SEEMS TO YEILD A BETTER RIDE....JMO

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well we tried it today. We pulled 15,500 lbs total because he had his bucket and his grapple loaded on the trailer. We didn't go far and we stayed on wide open flat roads. Truck had the power.

Only mods are exhaust and intake. It's a 6 speed.

We talked about what he should do to make it as safe as possible and he is going to make some changes to do that. He has a CDL so he isn't a total yeahoo. He told me he can take some weight off the trailer and level the load more.

He bought the truck from me after testing it and is going to use it in his tree business.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We hooked up at a metal scrap yard where the equipment was being stored and my F250 long bed 2WD weighs 6600lbs.

The weight along with the manual tranny explain the fuel mileage I get with the truck.

·
Registered
100 Posts
last one i pulled was around 10k+-

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Absolutley. With the brake box, it was fine. But yes we paid close attention to that and he always leaves plenty of room to slow down over distance. Anything but a panic stop and it would be fine.

He will be lightening the load to help with panic stops.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts