Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading through some of the threads on here, I decided a Miller Diversion 165 would be a good starter welder for me to get. After looking around, I see they are anywhere from about 1300 to 1600 bucks. My problem is the wife got me spending money on some furniture and other shit, so my money is getting lower and lower. Does anyone know were I could get one for cheaper or even a good used unit?? Looking to save some money, I dont want anything less capable than the diversion. I dont plan on using this for anything bigger than chassis stuff. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
I paid $1300 for mine, bought it online. Showed up in a couple of days.

·
Registered
11,165 Posts
I'd be looking hard at a Millermatic 211 as a good welder you can grow into. I paid $1300 and it's everything you will ever want for home automotive/fabricating needs...has autoset, and multi-plug (110/220)....

·
Registered
8,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those are about the prices I have been seeing as well. Anyone know of any ways to get one a little cheaper??

·
Registered
164 Posts
craigslist, I sold my Lincoln precision tig 225 for 1600 bucks, it maybe had 3 hours use on it, I found a few of the diversions on other sites, I also talked to them at the autorama 2 years back and they were selling them there for cheap with a helmet, i think like 1300 for the whole kit, dont know if you can find a place where their demonstrating at near you, also local colleges and trade centers usually get new ones every few years maybe cjheck with the local places and see if any school is moving up and they usually have good deals

·
Registered
16,536 Posts
My cost in Detroit is $1268.00 + tx

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Check around for trade school auctions. My buddy picked up four (one for me) Miller Syncrowave 250's for $450 a piece at Terra Tech Community College. They got a grant for all new welders so they sold off all of this stuff. These things are mint and I mean mint!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Talk to your miller rep/store, ask about the rufurb line. basicially these are units sent back due to various things from scratches,dents etc. they are warrantied by miller. if you need help or have questions drop a p.m. Jerry

·
Registered
516 Posts
Around the middle of last year I really wanted a Syncro 200. Problem was, I didn't want to pay for a new one. I waited and scoured ebay, craigslist, every welding and fabrication forum out there. In the end I was able to locate a unit within 2 hours from my house, for a thousand less than new. It was bought new new at a fab shop, used for one job, then sold. It was essentially brand new, with every option. My suggestion is to wait and search, one will come up cheap.

·
Registered
407 Posts
red d arc rentals rotate their stock every so often they're on 63rd just east of harlem in chi. bought a thermal dynamics xl 200 plasma for $1000 3yrs ago from them

·
TURBOBULLET.COM BITCHES!
6,046 Posts
I paid 1275, and no tax (farm use lol) here in Texas. Diversion 165 is a good little tig. I dig the shit outta mine.

·
Registered
299 Posts
i have both the diversion and the sync200 ... the diversion struggles on aluminum but for the money u cant go wrong .. and the 200 for the has enough ass to do just about anything car related very impressed with it ... i was goin too sell my diversion but i cant seem too let it go

1 - 18 of 18 Posts