Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on a bbc with twin turbochargers, what is the general amount of boost that the cometics can handle with an aluminum bbc block and aluminum heads with 1/2 in head bolts?

at what point do you need to go to copper and 0-rings?

How much boost can the titan integral o ring gaskets handle?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been at 18 lbs. with a mark iv steel block,and al. heads,and arp studs. The engine shop said 20 lbs is no problem.( I'm using Cometics).

·
On the flow bench
13,722 Posts
lol...
30 psi with 10 deg timing is way different to 20 psi with 38 deg timing
boost is just a number...
cylinder pressure is the key..and fuel , and fuel rate / bsfc

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
our started leaking @ just over 30 Lbs. Mind you though it was a small block Ford (Fontana Alum block). twin 88's in a OL10.5 car. went to Copper & never looked back.

Bob

·
Registered
271 Posts
we run 32-34lbs consistantly with ours and have seen 38lbs on methanol, cometics look brand new when we pull the motor down for inspection... bbc aluminum block with 88s or 91s..

·
Registered
271 Posts
I would feel safe running 40+ lbs with them, its all in the tune-up, just stay somewhat conservitve with the timing and read plugs not air/fuel meter.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
on a bbc with twin turbochargers, what is the general amount of boost that the cometics can handle with an aluminum bbc block and aluminum heads with 1/2 in head bolts?

at what point do you need to go to copper and 0-rings?

How much boost can the titan integral o ring gaskets handle?
if your cylinder sleeves stick above deck height slightly, you dont need orings. i'd run some titan ics gaskets, we've put 32lbs to em no problemo and only 120ish a set from good vibrations.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts