Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering how much block filler you guys are using on an engine that will be driven on the street the odd time. I will be using an oil cooler. This is for a 6.0l iron block ls.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Would you mind shearing a little more about the combo? Sounds like you guys got the tune up on point.
What would you like to know? Factory suspension kind of like a fix body, 3440lb, 275 radial, 10" rim, Coan converter, 1.62 glide, precision 6266 turbo's, 37-38psi of boost, methanol fuel with smallish water to ice intercooler, Holley ecu, 3.7 gears, hydrualic cam, bushed factory rockers, Shauns Custom Alloy intake.

https://www.streetmachine.com.au/st...stralias-quickest-street-car-runs-7-37-186mph

6BOOST

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
What would you like to know? Factory suspension kind of like a fix body, 3440lb, 275 radial, 10" rim, Coan converter, 1.62 glide, precision 6266 turbo's, 37-38psi of boost, methanol fuel with smallish water to ice intercooler, Holley ecu, 3.7 gears, hydrualic cam, bushed factory rockers, Shauns Custom Alloy intake.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BrgIBP-gdCc

https://www.streetmachine.com.au/st...stralias-quickest-street-car-runs-7-37-186mph

6BOOST
It is that bad ass intake that keeps it all together. It is like a top end girdle. LOL. Nice performance.
What does the fuel system consist of?
What heads?

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Curious, what kind of timing numbers are you guys using? 186 mph at 3440lbs is North of 1800 horsepower if my google machine is right. That is an astronomical power number for a factory iron 4 bolt setup. Pretty insane.......what all have you guys done to help it live? Are we talking single digit timing numbers at 37lbs. of boost or what? What heads and head gasket arrangement are you guys running? Hope I'm not prying too much......it is just extremely impressive.

·
Registered
676 Posts
The engine used to have one of shaun's fabricated intakes so I don't think thats it lol. Fuel system is twin 220lb injectors and an Aeromotive black belt drive pump. The car would run 190mph but valve springs and gearing were the issue. I'm not at liberty to give out timing numbers although they would be pointless anyway, but nowhere near single digits. Head gaskets consist of berylium fire rings and alloy gasket. Nothing special to make it live apart from Terry's experience over the years building LS's and getting things like clearances right, camshaft is a massive factor to control cylinder pressure, and slowly working on the whole combination to work together. Heck it doesn't even have upgraded head studs, they are just the normal off the shelf ARP units at standard tension.

6BOOST

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
The engine used to have one of shaun's fabricated intakes so I don't think thats it lol. Fuel system is twin 220lb injectors and an Aeromotive black belt drive pump. The car would run 190mph but valve springs and gearing were the issue. I'm not at liberty to give out timing numbers although they would be pointless anyway, but nowhere near single digits. Head gaskets consist of berylium fire rings and alloy gasket. Nothing special to make it live apart from Terry's experience over the years building LS's and getting things like clearances right, camshaft is a massive factor to control cylinder pressure, and slowly working on the whole combination to work together. Heck it doesn't even have upgraded head studs, they are just the normal off the shelf ARP units at standard tension.

6BOOST

Nice, those are the 255 Trick Flow's?
62's making some steam....

I assume the engine has a good rotator in it.

Why two 220's opposed to a single 550#? Because you can with that bad ass intake!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Nice, those are the 255 Trick Flow's?
62's making some steam....

I assume the engine has a good rotator in it.

Why two 220's opposed to a single 550#? Because you can with that bad ass intake!
The heads are factory L92 castings with stock size but better quality ferrea valves. The rotating assembly has a lunati forged crank, carillo rods and shelf SRP pistons with a pin upgrade. The car has twin injectors as the bosch 2200 injectors are cheap here (well everywhere really) and the car never intended to go this quick, these were upgraded to seimans later in the piece when funds permitted for piece of mind on methanol. Also a single 550 wouldn't be anwhere near as nice on the street, which this thing does 1000's of street miles, gets driven to work, the shops, the pub, so some modicum of streetability was needed to be kept. Certainly if its primary purpose was as a drag car and it was built from the outset to go this fast, things may be different.

Interestingly the turbo's still have more left in them, we are just getting to the point of fighting valve spring tension with the hyd cam and being able to control the valve with the amount of boost/airflow coming past the valve, nothing catasrophic, Terry is just aware and you can tell when you add even 1-2psi from where its at that it doesn't respond. Should he get that sorted without upsetting the hyd lifters, thie car on a good track with us attacking the 60 I am confident could run a 7.19-7.20:)

6BOOST

PS sorry for the thread hijack, just answer questions.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Oh, and the car has stock main caps and a girdle. It went 7.41 with no girdle and has never hurt a stock main cap, the girdle was just added for the sake of it on a freshen up for piece of mind. It was a major pita to fit from what I'm told with clearance to the factory sump and windage tray.

6BOOST

·
Registered
5,759 Posts

6BOOST
I understand, but damn is this thing impressive. Good work.

Do you have any plug pics from one of these good passes?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.