Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a 2006 GTO with a worlds warhawk alum engine block. engine is about to be rebuild cause im getting some weird oil PSI reading. want to catch any issues before they get big.

It has a stock front sump 6.5 QT oil pan. How many more Qt would it have to hold to stop sucking the pan dry or adding air to the oil ?

Would adding a Moroso oil accumulator help with the oil getting to much air in it ?

What a dry sump i could add to the Ls not really want to spend money on this

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The last line should read. What dry sump could i add to the LS engine, but not really looking to spend that much on just a oiling system.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
But you have money for rebuilds?
I lost an engine to the stock oil pan. I learned my lesson, not sure if it is an option with the warhawk block but I found an ls7 take off dry sump and put it in my car. Only low budget dry sump setup I know of.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
BigRich A.R.E make a pan just for the gto and Holden cars

you could even run a shallow pan and it will work with the k-member-

The shallow pan even works on older model holdens also from what i found out-but i

did one ages ago and doing a gto with the gto dry sump pan from ARE for a customers car-

http://www.drysump.com/ls1-6GTOMonaro.htm

·
Registered
3,120 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i mean to build a whole system not just the pan. im not sure of what parts i need and if they can be run on a track/street car. it will see alot of miles of slow driving too.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
BigRich A.R.E make a pan just for the gto and Holden cars

you could even run a shallow pan and it will work with the k-member-

The shallow pan even works on older model holdens also from what i found out-but i

did one ages ago and doing a gto with the gto dry sump pan from ARE for a customers car-

http://www.drysump.com/ls1-6GTOMonaro.htm
water pump?

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
yes i have money for a rebuild but not if i have to drop 5-6 k on a dry sump reason im looking for ideas.
I agree. The cheapest option I could find was around $2500. The factory LS7 system with an aftermaket tank is very affordable. If you can find a system someone took off it becomes down right cheap. I only have $500 in my system. but you have to have the extended crank. I was buying a new crank anyway so it all worked out for me. Good luck. Will the morosso wet sump pan fit on your car?

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I agree. The cheapest option I could find was around $2500. The factory LS7 system with an aftermaket tank is very affordable. If you can find a system someone took off it becomes down right cheap. I only have $500 in my system. but you have to have the extended crank. I was buying a new crank anyway so it all worked out for me. Good luck. Will the morosso wet sump pan fit on your car?
Kool no moroso pan will work with gto or holden cars-

the holden-gto stuff has the pick up at the front to make room for the engine k-member which is out the back

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
Kool no moroso pan will work with gto or holden cars-
Just and FYI, Tim Henley heads up the custom dept. at Moroso. He has done wet sump pans for GTO's--may even have one on the shelf. Tim @ Moroso has done hundreds of different pans for LS cars/trucks and swap pans such as LSx's in Nissan 280z's or Mazda Miata's. Only a handful of popular pans make it to the catalog. All you have to do is call Tim. The sales associates don't know anything that isn't in the catalog.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Just and FYI, Tim Henley heads up the custom dept. at Moroso. He has done wet sump pans for GTO's--may even have one on the shelf. Tim @ Moroso has done hundreds of different pans for LS cars/trucks and swap pans such as LSx's in Nissan 280z's or Mazda Miata's. Only a handful of popular pans make it to the catalog. All you have to do is call Tim. The sales associates don't know anything that isn't in the catalog.
Billy as you can see i was going by what they have in the catalog-

do you have his email that you could send me billy?

Thanks

Nick--

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
do you have his email that you could send me billy?

Thanks

Nick--
I sure don't Nick. I've spoken with Timothy dozens of times on the phone and we've exchanged renderings via Fax but I've never emailed him.

I know it's difficult for you to contact via phone here in the U.S. so I'll see what I can find out for you.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I sure don't Nick. I've spoken with Timothy dozens of times on the phone and we've exchanged renderings via Fax but I've never emailed him.

I know it's difficult for you to contact via phone here in the U.S. so I'll see what I can find out for you.
Thanks as always billy-if you cant i will send them a email in time so no pressure-

1 - 16 of 16 Posts