Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mounted new 29.5 ET drags w/o tubes today. One took 6oz and the other took over 14 oz. The tire guy who is a racer says I should be concerned.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Mounted new 29.5 ET drags w/o tubes today. One took 6oz and the other took over 14 oz. The tire guy who is a racer says I should be concerned.
Try breaking down the tire and turning it 180 degrees on the wheel and reinflate. May make a difference in the amount of weight required

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Turned tire 180 with no change. Should I expect/ask for a new tire?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Had the same problem with a ET 32X14 sent it back to jegs and they sent me another .Thats to much weight.make sure you get the same roll out.Art

·
Registered
12,031 Posts
Ours always take a ton. Looks like a frickin pound to me lol

·
Registered
462 Posts
I had the same problem, and a racer mounted mine. turned it 180 and it got worse. I told him just to static balance them. one took 4 oz the other took 6oz. Hope its good!

·
Registered
13,485 Posts
when you dismount and remount the tire on the rim, in refrence to rotating the tireon the rim 180 off from original,
and the same refrence spot /place on the rim needs a lot of weight,...

you may suspect that the wheel itself is not ROUND.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
i made a thread a few days ago. i had a buddy with a radial that wanted 13 ounces, and i just tried to get one balanced that took 11.25.
M/T never responded. i worked late all week so i didnt get a chance to call.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Mine always want tons of weight, sometimes i dont balance em at all, they dont seem to shake either way, course im not going 200mph either

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
HMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! go figure MT still hasnt responded! Should we just expect that they know there is a problem with the balancing of there tires ? Or is it gonna take some bashing to get a response? You would think with this being posted since 1-28-11 one of the forum moderators have read it since then.

·
Registered
12,031 Posts
I dont think it's a problem.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Are you spin balancing or bubble balancing these?

On a side note, I have been out doing a lot of traveling and testing so I appologize for any late responses. No excuse, just the reality of things. If you need help, you can also click on the links in my signature that will take you to our website. From there you can get some of these questions answered.

Thanks,

Jason Moulton

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
spin balance. i have had 15 sets spin balanced and none of them took more than 6 ounces. should i be bubble balancing these?

you never really answered the original question. what is an acceptable weight for a drag radial, or does it even matter if it need 3 pounds of weight to balance out?
should i even worry about balancing them?

your site says your "slicks" need to be static or bubble balanced. i cant find anything mentioned about radials.

thanks!

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Sorry for my post Jason I just reread it and it does come off a bit rude, I know you always try to answer everybody's questions even if there not M/T related. Hope you didnt take it to serious.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Yes - you should be bubble balancing them.

The balance weight will vary some with the weight of the tire. For that particular tire without a tube, I do not like to see any more than 6-7 oz. Can it balance out and run fine with more - yes - but I do not like it.

I would try bubble balancing them and go from there.

Thanks,

Jason Moulton

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Sorry for my post Jason I just reread it and it does come off a bit rude, I know you always try to answer everybody's questions even if there not M/T related. Hope you didnt take it to serious.
No worries. I did agree that an explaination was needed.

This is YB after all - right?! :cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts