Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fukn pos parents as grand parents to YOUR children????

As in, they dont do shit for your kids and talk like they do. Or tell other people that they are great grand parents and they dont do shit!!!

Selfish as fuck, dont give anything materially and put zero effort with love and affection. Just fukn lame ass family members

·
Registered
29,243 Posts
Hell I'm Selfish to my own kids forget grandparents...:p I will eat the last ice cream bar and not hesitate one second!!!

·
Former RJ instigator
42,494 Posts
I love my dad but as grand parent he has failed my children.

Sadly when he dies my two daughters and all 4 of my nieces will only know their grand father as the selfish cynical asshole who was always too fucking busy to do a gawd damn thing with them.

He wasn't much of a father to me so I shouldn't be surprised.

·
Registered
13,498 Posts
I think it has a lot to do with your generation. My father's generation were not involved as closely with raising the kids. They were too busy providing for the family. Fathers are much more involved today. As for Grandparents, mine hardly acknowledged our existence. They were all very good and loving people, just tired. My parents, on the other hand, are doting Grandparents. They bend over backwards for their Grandchildren.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,103 Posts
I haven't seen my grandparents since like 85. Families are not connected like they should be.
BEEN ABOUT 10 YEARS HERE....THEY ARE NO LONGER AROUND

·
Mother Hen
51,603 Posts
I have been incredibly blessed on my mother's side of the family. My grandparents were and are awesome, involved in our lives and made us feel incredibly loved and they lived ten hours away. My mother and her husband are very involved in our kid's lives, always there, always loving. They babysit, often keeping all the grandkids at once for several days and nights. They attend all their award ceremonies, many of their games, etc. My father's side? Not so much, but they are all gone now.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Poor baby. Wtf u want. You created them. Maybe before you pass judgement. Do a full inventory of your relationship.

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
family is def not like it used to be. growing up my family was really tight once the elders passed on the next gen flew the coop. my daughter wont even hug my parents (who have split up years ago) without telling her too cause she sees them on holidays and that would be it. i dont make her either if they ask for hugs i figure maybe that little burn would zing em. dont phase em one bit too caught up in living their awesome lives. i love my parents ......but you live 10 miles away find some time to see your grandkids, maybe they will hug you the next time they see ya.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
My kids are with my parents now on a two week trip out west. They are getting a taste of what life was like for me growing up. Not bad, but not easy either. My folks aren't the spoiling grandparent types but they make as many ball games and concerts as they can.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Different generations, times change. My parents never went out of their way to see or do anything special for my kids.
I am a way better grandparent then I was a parent! I was always working, trying to get ahead when my children were young, Now everyday I'm with my grandude.

·
NITROUS OUTLET FTW
6,562 Posts
Different generations, times change. My parents never went out of their way to see or do anything special for my kids.
I am a way better grandparent then I was a parent! I was always working, trying to get ahead when my children were young, Now everyday I'm with my grandude.
This is how I am now.with my kids. We work so hard that we can't keep up with all the kids activities.

I hope to have more time as a grandparent.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I've learned from others to not make that mistake (like my dad) so I spend everyday with my son while he's still young. Damn he asks a lot of questions tho :p

Grandparents shouldn't be expected to do anything, it's your fucking job OP...

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
X's 2

1 - 20 of 48 Posts