Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many people have race cars just sitting around not really doing anything??
Whether its from no money to race, no place/ class to race, no time, plain lost interest, just relegated to a TNT dummy ( no harm intended).
I kinda fall into a couple categories including TNT dummy but mostly no time or class. Almost (at times) seems as if I should just sell the car but I really hate to because you guys know how much it costs (time & money) to put a car together but it also costs to keep it together.
Venting,
BobH

·
D/R 1879
4,801 Posts
about 6k away from finishing, but money is slim. HOPE to finish putting back together this year.
Yeah I'm in this boat as well. Except I have around 12K to go with everything I want to get for it. My engine should be done in the next month or two though.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Yeah I'm in this boat as well. Except I have around 12K to go with everything I want to get for it. My engine should be done in the next month or two though.
Yea, 6k is just to get me back to the basic's. I still would love to upgrade to a 7351 and a data logger and some other upgrades but just trying like hell to get back to the basics. And working construction work right now is real. Best of luck to you finishing.

·
D/R 1879
4,801 Posts
Yea, 6k is just to get me back to the basic's. I still would love to upgrade to a 7351 and a data logger and some other upgrades but just trying like hell to get back to the basics. And working construction work right now is real. Best of luck to you finishing.
Thanks, I still have the 7531 to buy, Stainless Works headers, water to air I/C, blow thru carb, trans specialities powerglide, and who knows what else. I wanna go race but everything needs to be perfect.

My chassis is all ready, engine bay is just waiting for the motor and trans to be in there.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Yes i am a tnt dummy too, moneys always tight and can't aford to go every week.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
part of the jackstand crew myself...car just needs new wheels as I sold them last fall. I spent the money on other stuff, but the car is still on jackstands. It still runs, just nothing to get it around on.....one day, when i find that fokin money tree that others have found.

·
Registered
835 Posts
My wifes road race car has been sitting up just because we haven't had the spare time to freshen it up along with the fact that mine had been in the chassis shop for close to 3 years . Hopefully they will be gettting back on it here shortly as I was given a late summer date to restart on it. After I get mine back and some track time I'm sure the wife will be wanting hers back up and going as well.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Finally put mine together after 31/2 years still don't have the money or time to do it but first race back went to semi's. Put my daughter in a Jr this year so I make it happen finacially good quality dad daughter time.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Guilty

I have a brand new enclosed, brand new dually and a nice car

and tired of going to the track by myself

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
Money is tight. I've been buying parts for a new motor, and still have some to buy. I had to put new brakes on it, and my electric fan went out, so I replaced it. It is still running and driving with my 355 in it, but I'm bored with running that motor so I haven't run it at all this year, only driven it on the street a little. I thought about selling it, but it won't bring enough to make it worth selling. I'm gonna just keep plugging away at it little by little.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I tore into mine last year, to change out the breaks, and add the right heater core, so my windows would stay transparent. It is still in a million pieces, and just lacking money! I finally got everything ready to put i back together when I realized my trans. was JUNK. So, I will continue to assemble what I can until I can afford to buy a phucking transmission!

·
Registered
632 Posts
just started putting my new engine together..seems likes it taking forever but i should be back out in a couple of months...workin 7 days a week and all cash money:)

·
Outrunning the Big Blocks
3,270 Posts
Lets see,
1. Ready to go Spec Miata sitting due to work vs race date problems
Wife says "use it or sell the damn thing".
2. 2.3T Mustang waiting on parts
3. 10.5 Outlaw Mustang waiting on $$ for parts
4. 8.5/bracket Granada wagon need time to finish
5 8.5/bracket 306 Turbo Zephyr see # 1
6. Not mine but I get to drive it, Factory Five Cobra in my shop
helping convert from racecar to street car.
7.Got room for more.

8A Need to focus on 1 project at a time.
8B See 8A

·
Registered
877 Posts
Have little motor in car to race local quick races, but having trouble to get enough money for entry fees, race fuel, and towing fuel,
have a 632 that needs pistons for but no money , just hoping to run into someone who has a lot of money that they don't need.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts