Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wondering how many passes do you get on a set of plugs
before you change to a new set. i see people change after 3
and 8. i have looked at the plugs and didn't see any wear or damage on them. looks to me they can be used another 8- 10 passes. i heard nos eats the porcelin but never seen it.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
when i see the center electrode get "sloped" or angled thats when i chuck them, i never recorded just how many runs i put on them, but its a lot more than 3 or 8, i blast them, file the elctrode if the edges arent sharp and thats it, they get used again....Im cheap

Now as far as passes at the track, i try to check as many as i can between rounds, as i check them i pop in new or new blasted ones, depends on how much time we have, some times i have put 3 or more passes on plugs in one day

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,959 Posts
When I went from a 6AL to a Digital 7 my spark plug bill went WAY UP!!!!

Had nothing to do with nitrous either.

The Digital 7's make so much damn power they really eat non-resistor plugs like a kid eating candy!

Watch the center electrode. The sucker will start to wear away very quickly and the gap goes up with it. I pull them out when I see a nice 45 degree angle where it used to be flat across. I'm lucky to get 30 passes out of a set.

If I stick a resistor plug in there they last a long time.

·
TEAM NORTH
4,862 Posts
mike ,and I thought it was just me!! I went through three sets in one weekend just kept eating the electrodes and ground straps back . I had the right timing and everything both ngk and autolite. I didn't even think of that. thanks

·
Chinese buffet destroyer
2,134 Posts
do you think you'd see the same issue with a digital 6+ box?

·
RED ROCKET
8,635 Posts
i change mine every 10 passes or so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts