Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Just thought everyone could have some input on this. How many passes do you put on a set of slicks, before you change them? We put 51 on a set of GoodYears last year, and have 29 on our M/T's as of now.
We run a 7 second Top Sportsman car, with a 33.5x16.5 tire. Any input?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Depending on how your abusing the tires. Just watch for things like the 60' time going away, or not becoming repeatable. Unless you want a Pro Stock tire bill.

Shawn

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
I run that same size tire 16.5X33.5S M/T but ain't as fast as you guys and probably weigh alot more so I use the S tire. I get about 75 passes running index and bracket classes with them. 5.30s at 3000 lbs. I rotate the tires every race now due to killing the sidewalls. Still show some dot but they get inconsistant then and the sidewalls are so bad I can't cut a light on a 4/10s tree. The 16X33 Hoosiers were only good for 50 passes and the dots were gone and threads were showing......LOL.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Every car and tire is different. If your a blower car or nitrous car you hit the tire way harder than a N/A car and will wear the side wall out quicker. I know guys that only get 25 runs out of goodyears and get 50 plus out of hoosiers. So who knows. All I know is you never know where its going to show on the track when tires wear out. I've had tires wear out and loose 60ft time and I've also had tires wear out and the car would start doing stupid stuff down track. These were the same tire manufacturer and size of tire. So in my opinion you just half to watch for something to start not being normal and change them.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I don't get my slicks till they have 20-25 runs (Used,Free) then I used them untill I get another free set.....Oldhead

·
Banned
9,345 Posts
100-150 on Goodyears in a 2200lb 4.60-4.70 bracket car. Probably could have went longer they still had the same 60' throughout the season +/- the changes for conditions.

·
Registered
6,311 Posts

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the input guys! Reaction times werent terrible last weekend, and car went 1.08 sixty foot 4 out of 5 runs. I think were still good. Keep the responses coming.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
2650 # 1.170 60', 5.30/8.30 M/T 16.5 X 33 stiff usually well over 150 runs
16X33 no stiff toyos , same ets but I ran them till there was nothing left and never had a r/t issue or 60' issue

1 - 20 of 25 Posts