Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
21,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...routine traffic stop and then asked if they can search your car? Did you have any stickers on your car that might have contributed to a request for a search, something like an NRA sticker or Gadsten sticker? Just curious cause I was reading on a local gun board and it seemed like it was actually not uncommon in Maryland from the discussion.

·
A bad example for others
35,766 Posts
Only once when I was a teenager acting stupid!

Been pulled over 19+ times for speed related issues. Never had them ask to search the car.

Could be because I'm polite, keep my hands at 10 and 2 so they can see them and always tell the truth when asked about my record.

At this point I have NOTHING on my record. Not even a traffic violation.

·
Professor
90,869 Posts
Once, years and years ago. I was young. Told them "knock yourself out" but times are different now. They mulled around the car a bit and that was it. They didn't tear it apart. Just poked their heads in.

But like I said, things are different today.

·
Registered
26,974 Posts
Only once when I was a teenager acting stupid!

Been pulled over 19+ times for speed related issues. Never had them ask to search the car.

Could be because I'm polite, keep my hands at 10 and 2 so they can see them and always tell the truth when asked about my record.

At this point I have NOTHING on my record. Not even a traffic violation.
Don't worry, your day is coming. You will be searched.

·
Registered
33,083 Posts
I had a "rookie" cop want to search my truck because it had a "funny odor."

New header gaskets and header wrap…. he thought it was drugs? LOL

·
Professor
90,869 Posts
I had a "rookie" cop want to search my truck because it had a "funny odor."

New header gaskets and header wrap…. he thought it was drugs? LOL

Smelled like weed. :D

·
Registered
534 Posts
A cop did a u turn and got behind me and pulled me over.
Said I didn't put my signal on early enough for the turn so he pulled me over.
Told me lots of people run drugs up and down that road during the day so he'd like to search my car.

·
Duct Tape and WD-40
3,755 Posts
I have. I was a little after dark and when the officer shined his light in my car and aimed it around a bit and had seen a ziplock bag poking out from under my drivers seat. I he asked me to get out and if he could search my car. He ended up pulling out a gallon bag of... sunflower seeds. It was the 1st time I tried to quit smoking.

·
Senior Moment
9,664 Posts
Never!

I get pulled over all the time for no seat belt. Then-again my car is void of stickers and clutter.

Interesting topic.

·
Professor
90,869 Posts
A cop did a u turn and got behind me and pulled me over.
Said I didn't put my signal on early enough for the turn so he pulled me over.
Told me lots of people run drugs up and down that road during the day so he'd like to search my car.
So you were now a suspect based solely on the road you were driving.

NICE!

Welcome to the USSA where everyone is a suspect until proven otherwise.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Been pulled over several times in Edmond, OK in several different vehicles none which had stickers and if it's after dark they always ask to search the vehicle.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts