Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At what point would it be necessary to run two BOV's? I am building a blow thru bbc with an F3 Procharger. I only plan on running 20 lbs of boost, would one red one be enough?
Thanks

·
Registered
525 Posts
Most people I know of run one on the "hot" side & one on the "cold" side especially with an F3.

·
Registered
687 Posts
YOU CAN SAVE SOME MONEY AND RUN ONE OF THE BIG VORTECH ONES. THEY FLOW OVER TWICE AS MUCH AS THE PROCHARGER ONES

·
Registered
283 Posts
Mike G is Right

There is no need whatsover to run 2 valves if you choose your valve wisely. The BV57 Vortech outflows competitors valves by a disgusting margin at the same pressure ratios. Ask Petty, Baudier, Urist, Murillo...etc

~R

·
Registered
283 Posts
Honestly

None that I can think of. Unless you just flat out dont like Vortech. LOL. It's a really nice piece and I'll think you'll be completely comfortable with your purchase should you choose to go that route.

~R

Thanks again. Would there be any reason not to run the Vortech BOV?

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
Toss a pair of JGS 56mm on it and be done.
At only $220.00 each it is cheap insurance and they have a larger inlet than the Big Red P/C valve anyway.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
I've split 4 inch aluminum discharge tube like a bannana while peddeling car
So was this an anomaly? What other ill effects are happening to require the need for two BOV's?

The reason I'm asking is, I've been running a F3R for probably longer than most and only run one BOV. I've run as high as 40 PSI on gas (consistantly 35-38 and no intercooler and have never seen a need for two. But mine is strictly drag racing.
Not arguing the point, just curious what is causing the need for two.
Is it more of a thing with using an intercooler, EFI, street driving or....??

Blessings..........Ron.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts