Yellow Bullet Forums banner

121 - 140 of 311 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Wow, I remember this very same car in the Mustang Magazine many years ago. It had an 88mm turbo on the car. It was named Screaming Bananas. I see you have changed up the car quite a bit. Still looks good though. How does it run now?
i have owned it for about 6 years now...i just had the entire car rebuilt..we are real happy with the car..took it down to MIR and we went a 8.62 at 163mph with more left in it ..this lil 76/75 precision turbo has been great..

·
Registered
143 Posts
i have owned it for about 6 years now...i just had the entire car rebuilt..we are real happy with the car..took it down to MIR and we went a 8.62 at 163mph with more left in it ..this lil 76/75 precision turbo has been great..

do you mind sharing any more pix of this good looking car?

·
Registered
502 Posts

347 Iron Eagle with a 101mm and a JW Glide. Should be able to coast it into the 8's. and for well under 30k
Is that Jason's old Renegade car?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice mph, what does it weigh now? I remember seeing it on the dyno many years ago in Orlando...

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcqDLfJgHOQ&list=FLtiWM6uhUlxobd00A9saduA&index=42

[email protected]+ daily driven during the video, driven to and from the track all weekend, street raced every night. Full interior minus back seat. This was with a 3.0/76mm/E85 and is still a factory 6spd transmission, had AC, heater, nav, etc.... during these runs

The car is now a 3.4L/88mm/nitrous, less creature comforts but will still be street driven often when we come back out with it. Should run some sub 8.50's very easily. Makes 400hp more and weighs 300lbs less.

Going to run the 6spd for a bit still to see how I feel about it, will most likely end up with a built 4L80
love the car...
but how do you get away going 8's with no fire jacket, no fire pants, no gloves, no cage, no window net... and most importantly your helmet isnt even strapped?!?!

·
Registered
187 Posts
This is the car in my sig.

Not quite 8's yet, but we are hoping to run that number this month. Car is 4,000 lbs with driver. Right at 1,000 RWHP on E85 on the [email protected] pass. That was with a 1.68 60' on 19" Drag Radials. Going to put some 15's on it and put it in the 8's as it sits. Then we have a new engine going in with a stronger block and some bigger turbos. These turbos are 60's. Hoping to go 160+ with these before the larger turbos go on.

Could only imagine if the car as 3,400 lbs or so.

Awesome car man! Looking forward to seeing what it can do in the future.

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
I got a spool on mine but my tires get eaten up too fast, thinking of switching to a auburn pro.
Auburn pro is junk for drag racing. If your gonna run a posi of any kind, I'd use a clutch type. I'm not a rearend guy, but am speaking from experience. Water box burnouts destroy auburns.

121 - 140 of 311 Posts