Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My set up is sbf 447 cu. 13.5 compression and vp c23 fuel.with 2 foggers. How low in ignition timing have u guys gone if seeing heat in spark plugs?
Camshaft is nitrous friendly, chambers have been modified also. Anyone going negative timing after 2nd gear or slightly before to keep the heat off plugs?

·
Registered
874 Posts
How much nitrous? What cylinder head? Cam specs? Quench distance? Chamber size/shape? Is plug pulled out of chamber? All depends. If you need to be in neg timing slowly creeping up on total timing and nitrous amount is the only way to get there.

·
Registered
874 Posts
As engine acceleration decreases due to gear ratio or converter dynamics timing sensitivity increases. It'll burn up in high gear where it normally wouldn't in low gear. It'll burn up with converter locked up where it normally wouldn't with some slippage.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yates C3 cylinder head, plug is in chamber, bullet nitrous cam, about .090 quench I forgot exactly maybe closer to .100 inch. 2300 to 2400 pph of nitrous.

Convertor still has some slip which is helping lol

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
That seems low, but I'd side with Steve on this one. We've been as low as 3* momentarily, to take power out. Lot of factors to consider...all you mentioned, and DA & GOW. Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts