Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in Dec. 07 I bought myself a nice leather couch and recliner as a college graduation present to myself. The chair is a push back (no handle on the side to recline) well something in the recline mech is bent or something because you cant hardly recline at all any more, and then when you finally get it pushed back its VERY hard to push the foot rest back in with your feet / legs. My wife cant even sit in it as she isnt strong enough to push it back or push the foot rest back in.

The couch is just fucking uncomfortable. The leather is showing some wear but that I think has more to do with me letting it go to far between conditioning / cleaning. The problem is that it feels like the cushions have just desenegrated on the inside. They havent lost their shape, but sitting on the couch for 15 minutes and you sink in and its very uncomfortable. Now I gave like 3 grand for this stuff. I "thought" that was a lot of money for a decent couch and chair. They are Lane brand. I thought it would last longer than this.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,096 Posts
CHINESE ARENT AS BIG AS US MERICUNS

·
Banned
17,920 Posts
Lane has always been junk. I remember in the late 70's my dad spending "good money" for a Lane table and when it got knicked and he saw it was particle board inside he flipped and burned the POS. lol

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,096 Posts
Lane has always been junk. I remember in the late 70's my dad spending "good money" for a Lane table and when it got knicked and he saw it was particle board inside he flipped and burned the POS. lol
I LIKE YOUR DAD

·
Banned
23,371 Posts
Maybe I'm too cynical, but I look at it this way. If there is/was a payment plan available on the product when you bought it, what was the payment term length? That gives you an idea of how long the manufacturer/retailer thinks it'll last. Anything after that is a bonus.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I have a friend, who with his brother both received matching recliners for Christmas. (about 10 years ago)

The brother who was in the shop all of the time still owns his recliner. The brother who enjoyed his time in front of the TV threw his out a while back.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I've had my La-z-boy stuff for 12 years now.(fabric not leather) Still looks great, and firm cushions. However, the 2 chairs were 800 each, couch was 1700. Lifetime warranty frames too.

BTW, la-z-boy recliners are the only ones that ratchet back when reclined, that's why I bought them.

·
El Diablo
12,395 Posts
I have a friend, who with his brother both received matching recliners for Christmas. (about 10 years ago)

The brother who was in the shop all of the time still owns his recliner. The brother who enjoyed his time in front of the TV threw his out a while back.
Whut?

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe I'm too cynical, but I look at it this way. If there is/was a payment plan available on the product when you bought it, what was the payment term length? That gives you an idea of how long the manufacturer/retailer thinks it'll last. Anything after that is a bonus.
That makes perfect sense! I know there was a payment plan available but I didnt go that route. Just paid for it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts