Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Bracket racer
5,194 Posts

·
Bracket racer
5,194 Posts
Goes to show you how stupid people are. "Gee, these guys are putting on gas masks and hearing protection - let's gather around and watch as they expel deadly fumes into the air!"
Some of those crew members get blasted in the face on the starting line and act like its nothing.

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
Withstood it for 18 years..... Driving those things, without the modern day Respirators.... You somewhat kinda get used to it..... Kinda
The Respirators we used then..... Only looked like Respirators...;)

·
This amp goes to 11.
12,064 Posts
Withstood it for 18 years..... Driving those things, without the modern day Respirators.... You somewhat kinda get used to it..... Kinda
The Respirators we used then..... Only looked like Respirators...;)
Nitro fumes=bad.

Shitty '70s-style clutches and paper-mache clutch cans right between your feet=worse!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Nitro fumes=bad.

Shitty '70s-style clutches and paper-mache clutch cans right between your feet=worse!
for one nitro fumes contain nitric acid which is a very deadly poison. I'm actually surprised that track and/or race team insurance companies don't make them clear the crowds to a "safe" distance when warming them up and stuff. Also wonder why they don't have similar restrictions on crew members at the starting line - I assume these big race teams give their employees health benefits and the insurance company would immediately see this as unsafe.

·
aka OutlawChick
17,070 Posts
I don't see how anyone can get used to it. Sunglasses seem to help me a bit, but it still burns the hell outta my nose

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.