Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to run nitrous (hopefully the right way this time...only tried it twice on 26n 26f per nos)

NOS soft plume

Going with 24f 30n pulling 10deg from 36total using NGK-8plug

Fuel set flowing at 6.5 with .073" jet

opinions? and what hp is this shot (do you go by fuel or nitrous for hp rating?)

thanks

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
For what it's worth, I started out with a 4 jet spread. If it were mine, I'd go 30n 26f and start at 6.5lbs fp. I think the plug is too hot. I'd go NGK -9. Run it to the 1/8, click it and read the plugs....

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
26n/26f at any psi is wrong.

Stick with your 30n/24f at 6.5 psi. It will be closer to correct than your 26 tune or any 4 jet spread at 6.5psi.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys... so timing is ok and how do you come up with the hp rating... (nitrous or fuel...or both ..based on what...curious)

What will the plug show if too hot?

Anything else i should know?

sorry for all the "basic" questions .. i'm trying to understand and get a handle on all this ..

mike

·
RED ROCKET
8,636 Posts
the fuel jet tells you the power...the fuel makes the power ,the nitrous allows you to burn the fuel.now pressure come into to play as more pressure puts more fuel in...the power can changed with the amount of nitrous pressure also(to point that is)..they both go hand in hand but the power is in the fuel and how much you can burn correctly.

with a 30n pill ,my fogger will be about 275 to 300hp..alot depends on the parts in your fogger .

2 hot of a plug with a fogger and it will burn the straps off..stick a #9ngk in it.

the rest is ok with me to start.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I would run 26f, 30n and somewhere between 5.5 to 5.8 fuel pressure with the .073 jet.
This is what works right with my old school NOS fogger.
Same basic tune I also used with Cold Fusion fogger.
I never run more than 6.0 fuel pressure with a 4 or 5 jet spread.
On my motor at 5.8 pressure my plugs show me to be rich.
This is running 900 to 925 bottle pressure.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I am a n2o newbie but could someone tell me why nitrous express calls for 8-10 psi fuel press when everyone else calls for 5-7

(or at least thats what I see on here)
Their fuel map uses higher fuel pressure with wider jet spreads. It probably all works out about the same as the smaller jet spread and lower fuel pressure that is commonly talked about on here and other places.

·
Registered
86 Posts
NX uses squre jets in their plate kits and uses a higher pressure for the fuel, basically the amount of volume works out to be the same, and I guess they just carried their pressure over to the fogger? I havent looked at their fogger stuff to see

·
Registered
232 Posts
NX uses squre jets in their plate kits and uses a higher pressure for the fuel, basically the amount of volume works out to be the same, and I guess they just carried their pressure over to the fogger? I havent looked at their fogger stuff to see
I was refering to their foggers. I haven't had any experience with their plates. Thanks:drinkers:

·
Super Moderator
12,234 Posts
We may be missing something here guys ??? TIMING ???? ;) 10 from 36 may be great in some cases and may be trouble in others. Fords don't like timing and Chevy's might love it... Don't forget there's many variables to having a proper tune up... Thanks, Steve

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
We may be missing something here guys ??? TIMING ???? ;) 10 from 36 may be great in some cases and may be trouble in others. Fords don't like timing and Chevy's might love it... Don't forget there's many variables to having a proper tune up... Thanks, Steve

Are we talking cam or crank timing? Because I think the cam spins slower than the crank on a chevy.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
168 Posts
I run 24f 30n with 5.5 lbs fuel on 477 BBC.....plugs are still a hair rich. I pull 10 degrees from 38. Timing mark is right before the curve in the strap...............IMO your plug is way too hot. I run 8's on motor only. I run 11's on spray to be on the safe side, most run the 10's on spray. Good luck you are in the ballpark, only the plugs will tell you the rest of the story!!! my tune, based on et / mph, calculates out to about 175-200

1 - 14 of 14 Posts