Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gettin ready to spin my lq4 to 7500 or so (after good bolts throughout the bottom end) now I know I wont be the first to spin 7k on a stock LSx shortblock, but before so are you guys having your rotating assemblies rebalanced? Or are they pretty straight from the factory.

Thanks

·
Registered
462 Posts
I spun my stock bottom end LS1 to 7200 with stock bolts & 150 shot for nearly 4 years with no problem. Doesn't mean you can do it without problems. The opinions your going to get from this question is going to vary, so just do it.

·
Registered
49,832 Posts
Balance is to be generally considered decent, but there is a wide and narrow side of the spec, and each engine is somewhere on the range for balance tolerance. Your results may vary.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Balancing is excellent on the LSx engines. That doesn't mean the oiling or the rod bolts will live at some random high rpm though but balance will not be your problem.
coming from the 302 50oz crowd where 7k vibrates everything apart this was my main concern, but doesnt seem to be a problem with LSx motors. Where does oiling problems come into play?

·
LSXTTFMF
927 Posts
Erik I wonder if plugging off all the oil returns in the heads and running four -12an oil returns from each corner of the heads down to the oil pan would help any with foaming the oil?

·
Registered
585 Posts
I put in Katech rod bolts in a '99 LS1 shortblock and spun it to 7100rpm for over 20K miles. At least a few times daily and road raced it also for probably 5hrs also. Made 440rwhp n/a.

You should rebuild the stock rocker arms with the Comp Cams upgraded trunion kit for sure.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts