Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from hanging out with some of the wifes family.
There were a couple of people that dont come around much there and I really dont know them.
One of them starts, out of no where, saying "fucking guineas" about something that happened a while back to him.
So I look at him and say "hey man", then my wife tells him I am Italian.
So his brother, another old fart starts going off about how he used to cook for the Italian American club till someone there insulted his wife.
I told him that I dont need to be in a club to be an Italian or an American soooo....
Neither asshole says or even attempts to say something like "hey, didnt mean anything by that" or smooth it over at all.
Now, I am usually not very touchy and I know everyone has their prejudices.
But for some reason coming from an old fuck that sells his prescription meds to the other assholes in his low life mobile home park, it fucking pissed me off.
Flame suit on and tight.

·
Hit Em In Da Mouf Racing
15,445 Posts
It's important to me .....but not to the point where I have to be racist about it !

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,089 Posts
SOUNDS LIKE TOO MANY YANKEES LIVING IN THE SOUTH :)

·
102,312 Posts

·
102,312 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
very proud so much so, I have lived in this country since 1968 46 yrs and still refuse to get my citizenship
I joke with my kids all the time that that are mutts

·
BRUINS FTW!!!
3,085 Posts
Look at avatar, land of hot blondes and Vikings, what's not to be proud of.

·
Registered
11,764 Posts

·
Registered
38,316 Posts
If you follow my mother's side back far enough, you'll find there were some slave owners in there somewhere. I don't recall their name and I have no interest in researching it further or being associated with them. My Dad's side includes some wealthy Colorado ranchers....his Mom was one of those ritzy women who loved fancy houses, hired servants and crap like that...but his Dad, my grandfather, was just a common, good ol' boy who owned and operated a small hardware store.

Dad always shunned the wealth and all the assholes that come along with it, so we never spent a great deal of time discussing the family tree on his side. I have some pictures of them, and a general idea of where they lived and what they did, but beyond that, I don't pay it much attention at all.

·
Pontiac NUT
6,275 Posts
It is not important to me at all where my family came from. I am a United States Citizen and that is now my heritage. I can care less about the other countries my family lived in.

·
YB Managing Editor
51,420 Posts
very proud so much so, I have lived in this country since 1968 46 yrs and still refuse to get my citizenship
I joke with my kids all the time that that are mutts
If you're so proud of it why not go back to the shithole you came from?

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It is not important to me at all where my family came from. I am a United States Citizen and that is now my heritage. I can care less about the other countries my family lived in.
I am an American first and foremost. Always.
But my grand parents did come here from the old country, Calabria Italy.
And their struggle as well as their appreciation of the US is what I am proud of in the sense that its part of my family history.

·
Pontiac NUT
6,275 Posts
I am an American first and foremost. Always.
But my grand parents did come here from the old country, Calabria Italy.
And their struggle as well as their appreciation of the US is what I am proud of in the sense that its part of my family history.
I like hearing the history of my family too, but I can care less about the countries. I know I am almost full blood German and only read the history of the country. I don't know where my family came from in Germany and I am not really too interested.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts