Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I know but I have to ask to be sure so don't laugh.

I have a 4.00 stroke now and these are for a 3.75 stroke.

The answer seems simple but I wanted to be sure.

I'm not planning on using them unless I was to put the gas on the ones in there now and burned some of them.

Thanks and don't beat me up too bad

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I think I know but I have to ask to be sure so don't laugh.

I have a 4.00 stroke now and these are for a 3.75 stroke.

The answer seems simple but I wanted to be sure.

I'm not planning on using them unless I was to put the gas on the ones in there now and burned some of them.

Thanks and don't beat me up too bad
ARe they the same rod length and same deck height block?

·
Registered
158 Posts
IF the rods and deck height are the same, you've increased the stroke by .250...that's .125 UP out of the hole. Sounds like new piston time.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are also domes.So could the domes be cut down to a flat top?

·
Registered
124 Posts
IF the rods and deck height are the same, you've increased the stroke by .250...that's .125 UP out of the hole. Sounds like new piston time.
Sorry, guess I shouldn't post half asleep. He is right they will be .125 out of the block. New pistons or shorter rods.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
be cheaper to just order 4 new pistons than buying .125 shorter rods, and rebalancing assembly. Take the nos with small steps and check ALL plugs and you should not need the extra pistons. When you get the nitrous on cbunn give me a holler and i'll be glad to go to the track and give you help. I dont claim to know it all about nitrous but I got my plugs looking very good. I think i am ready for the next step. I will find out at streetboss on the 14th. p.s. you might want to give eddie jones a call he helped me out alot. Always a good idea to talk to someone who has been there and done that if you know what i mean.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts