Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every day to go to work? I was offered another job but I might have to travel up to 90 miles to get to the job site everyday, kinda the only hang up.

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,425 Posts
Depends on what company location i have to go to. But last year i spent 6 months taking a 77 mile trip each way. But i get 76 bucks just to show up at work each day, plus my wages are good (union and work for a major public utility).

You have to factor your MPG, oil changes and tolls, then your gonna spend 3 hours each day driving. I have a little Saturn as my daily beater. At 34-37 mpg, a 150 mile round trip at 3 bucks a gallon is no big deal.

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
Down stairs.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,964 Posts
WHERE EVER THEY TELL ME.....I HAVE COMMUTED 132 MILES ONE WAY.....BUT I DON'T PAY FOR FUEL.

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
16 miles a day each way for a total of 32

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
I was going 100 Miles each way up to Orange county CA. the ride up @ 4:30 was OK, the ride back was from 2 hours to 6 hours (mostly 3 hours). it sucked. Fridays were the worst. I was not getting paid for fuel or time.

Bob

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
45 miles one way... it is ok but the time that it takes out of your day that sucks. i'm still looking for something in the 5 minute range.

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
5 miles each way, it's a killer commute!

·
Registered
203 Posts
52 each way. Almost 3 hrs total commute time too. I pay $450/month in fuel and tolls...

Sucks ass, but that's all that is there right now. Something in the 15-20 minute range from the house would be sweet. The money savings would damn near pay the truck note!

·
Registered
644 Posts
I have been as far as 300 miles one way (and stayed for the week),not that bad when it only lasts a few months at a time have to take the bad with the good rite now the commute is 1.5 miles

1 - 20 of 51 Posts