Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you know if the waste gate is blowing open down track. I have a racepac sensor on top with 55 psi of co2 and it will not make but 32 lbs of boost. It has 44 lbs of back pressure at 32 lbs with 55 on top of gate. Is there anyway that the gates are opening up and how do you know if so? Thanks

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
single turbo ??

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
if you are putting 55psi of C02 on the gates plus the spring pressure it would seem impossible that the backpressure plus the manifold pressure would be opening, but my suggestion is to put the gates on the bench and simulate a test to verify. It could be that you have a diaphram issue or maybe that is just max boost for your motor. Every motor is different when it comes to peak boost.

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
A lot of guys will build a test rig to check the wate gates. I am thinking adding an egt probe in the waste gate down pipe would let you know when it opens and closes. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have twin pro mod 90mm billet wheel turbos on bbc 632 conv. headed on alky.

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
Josh You could put egt's into the w/g dumps and log egt in the dumps.

·
Registered
113 Posts
What are the exhaust back pressure readings?

·
Registered
641 Posts
hey josh we had this problem happen in feb at hattiesburg.car would make 35 in high gear then drop down to 18 psi out back door.you can put some more pressure on top gate to see if there is an increase.what type gates are u runnin. bbt

·
Registered
442 Posts
It just want make anymore boost. It dont fall off. The back pressure is 44 psi @ 32 psi boost. It will make 32 psi with 40 on gate or 55 on gate. It is like the turbos are done. Is 32 psi all Im going to get on a bbc 632? That is the question.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
It just want make anymore boost. It dont fall off. The back pressure is 44 psi @ 32 psi boost. It will make 32 psi with 40 on gate or 55 on gate. It is like the turbos are done. Is 32 psi all Im going to get on a bbc 632? That is the question.
It appears maxed. What turbo?

·
Registered
3,336 Posts

Turbos are done......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts