Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
I cant speak first hand on the t6 frame turbo's but I can on the t4 and 1 has been in use for 2 years street and strip, it's the single biggest upgrade we have made in reducing underhood temps for sure. Next to wrapping the dp and so on. I recommend them to most of my friends who have cars they drive on the street, especially those with turbine housings close to heat sensitive parts. They work great. Not sure about that particular blanket, but the ones we got came from VS racing.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Probably a good if the turbo is near the hood, The last turbo kit I built we put a blanket on because if we didn't the hood would become too hot to touch and ruin paint.

They also probably help performance a little but I doubt it's "$160" worth of performance gain unless you're searching for extra power.

·
Registered
692 Posts
works for me...
Hey Redvictor,
No issues with cooking the oil in the turbo after back to back runs? We were just talking about this today. We'd like to run a cover but not sure what the effects will be on a drag race only app.

·
from across the pond...
6,951 Posts
none for me no as i let the motor idle down for at least 20 secs..... do you shut off the motor after a run or let it idle down Karl?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys, my turbo is very close to the water pump and it heats it up a great deal so this blanket will help tremendously.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
redvictor, I drive Karl's car and we let the car idle down after a pass unless we are trying to read plugs...

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
I havent used one on a T6 yet but I will be. I used one on a T4 turbo that was getting a wastegate line a bit toasty. It was the best damn investment in heat management. You know it works when you can place your hand on the the blanket after repeated dyno pulls.

·
Registered
614 Posts
My underhood temps are pretty high in the summer, sounds like a turbo blanket would help? This is a GT47-88 btw. Summit/Jegs have the best turbo blankets?
not sure what they offer but most blankets are composed of similar material. You'll be suprised how much they help, especially if you wrap other exhaust as well.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Looks like I need to do some shopping. Anyone prefer one brand or supplier over another? Are there members on YB that sell them?

·
Registered
692 Posts

·
from across the pond...
6,951 Posts
Looks like I need to do some shopping. Anyone prefer one brand or supplier over another? Are there members on YB that sell them?
XTR blankets are the ones i use.Very nice quality..... but,i'm not sure where you get them in the USA. I got mine through a dealer here....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts