Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Grizzly
45,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my comp is infected with this .... adware;W32/Gamevance.gen!B - its quarintined rite now but how do i get rid of it:confused: thanks

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
The free copy of Malwarebytes works good. Had problems with this comp and the tech guy I emailed at Microsoft reccomended it. it grabbed and removed stuff that the other two I use didn't find.

·
Im a Pro at being Amateur
9,638 Posts
if it quarantined it should be being held within a program that caught it. so go in the program that found it and go to the quarantine option/tab and remove/delete it

as for programs to use in teh future, i run spybot and malewarebytes on my computer with AVG anti-virus and ad-aware. all free downloads off www.download.com

·
Registered
734 Posts
I've had good luck with spybot search and destroy

·
Grizzly
45,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if it quarantined it should be being held within a program that caught it. so go in the program that found it and go to the quarantine option/tab and remove/delete it

as for programs to use in teh future, i run spybot and malewarebytes on my computer with AVG anti-virus and ad-aware. all free downloads off www.download.com
how can i find what program its in ..i do know its on here in my networking

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I've had good luck with spybot search and destroy
Malewarebytes found stuff that spybot and superantivirus couldn't. one item was the downloader worm, that bombards your comp with continuous pop-ups. makes your pop-up blocker settings irrelevant. Bad worm.

·
Sizeable Member
7,734 Posts
Spybot, Malwarebytes and Adaware. Open Windows in safe mode and run them. Run them multiple times and set them to run at startup if you can (look in the settings). They don't have to run at every startup but it helps to get them running before the spyware gets started.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
I used the malwarebytes trial download from download.com and it only cleans so many for free, then they want you to pay for the actual software. It's only $22 so thats still pretty cheap.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Spybot, Malwarebytes and Adaware. Open Windows in safe mode and run them. Run them multiple times and set them to run at startup if you can (look in the settings). They don't have to run at every startup but it helps to get them running before the spyware gets started.
yep, ran mine in safe mode as well.

·
Registered
13,552 Posts
Delete these keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\currentversion\runonce\
  • gvu = cmd.exe /c rd /s /q "c:\program files\gamevance"
  • gvu2 = cmd.exe /c reg delete hkcu\software\gvtl /f
  • gvu3 = cmd.exe /c reg delete hkcu\software\appdatalow\gvtl /f
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\session manager\
  • pendingfilerenameoperations = \??\c:\program files\gamevance\icon.ico

·