Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Photoshop Pisser Offer
3,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holding back 3000hp with zip ties securing the throttle return springs??? Are you kidding me??? THIS passed tech?

How about this one??? A single return spring with barely a tiny tab of spring holding it in place!!! REALLY?

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,397 Posts
I've done far worse with Zip ties then that.... I think two zip ties holding a spring is just fine, especially since that makes 3 springs total for that first picture. 2nd picture could use a little more. is that a tab or is the fitting drilled?

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
I thought tech was for seat belts and safety equipment??? didnt know there was a return spring rule??

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
I wudda used a worm-gear clamp ;)

·
Photoshop Pisser Offer
3,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
$100K car, $90K engine and about $0.22 worth of attention to detail to the one thing that may help slow the car down if the driver is unable....

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
nittpicker

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
I've done far worse with Zip ties then that.... I think two zip ties holding a spring is just fine, especially since that makes 3 springs total for that first picture. 2nd picture could use a little more. is that a tab or is the fitting drilled?
Yeah, first one looks adequate. Just not how I'd do it, or did it.

2nd one... Well, I hope he has a toe hook on the pedal.

Neither of them look like either the blower straps are tight enough, or the fuel lines are long enough.

Rules do state that the fuel lines can not be strained in the event of the blower leaving the motor.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Ya the first one is fine. The two are there as backup, so you would need the first to fail, then two twist ties to fail to create a problem. Pass IMO

The second one is a mess all around, not just the spring the whole car looks like ass.

·
Registered
8,477 Posts
What scares me is all of fittings and poppets hanging off of that barrel valve! seems like a lot of weight held on by 2 screws in to the hat!

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Zip ties are great, as long as they aren't in the sun light. The UV rays turn them brittle pretty fast and they can break with very little force applied at that point.

·
Photoshop Pisser Offer
3,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I guess you guys have never seen what a very thin wire, vibrating under pressure does to a soft warm zip tie after a few pulls... I am just saying guys. To each his own, but I'd never make a pull in something engineered like that. Sorry, Maybe I am captain overkill, but that just looks hairy to me.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts