Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished watching a race video in which Neal Owens win light came on, even though Chris Uratchko's E.T. and mph lights came on first by about a tenth. Chris' finish line lights are burning and the other car hasn't even lit the scoreboards yet. It appears that nobody redlighted, no one crossed the center or out of bounds lines but the car that got there first lost, that's impossible. The car that hits the line first is the winner if no infractions happen during the race, i don't get it?

·
T/S 368E
33,637 Posts
LMAO maybe he broke out?:rolleyes:
If the wiring's not screwed up causing a delay. I would agree, Chris broke out & the computer had to wait for the slower car to finish,
to make sure he didn't break out more?? I wouldn't base anything on when a scoreboard posts the ET's.
Just be lucky they work at your track.

·
Super Moderator
34,718 Posts
I tree'd Neal. My light was something like .025 to his .065 or something.... like .03 difference. My ET was 8.91, and his ET was 8.88....

I don't recall all the particulars, but he beat me by around .00X at the stripe....

I thought I had that race won. I was smooth sailing :D Unfortunately I was running 147 and he was charging by over 155..... and caught me right at the stripe..... talk about a let down!!!!

·
Super Moderator
34,718 Posts
If the wiring's not screwed up causing a delay. I would agree, Chris broke out & the computer had to wait for the slower car to finish,
to make sure he didn't break out more?? I wouldn't base anything on when a scoreboard posts the ET's.
Just be lucky they work at your track.

This was heads up racing, first to the finish line :cool:

·
Registered
20,822 Posts
Yeah, I think Chris's car gets it big time the first 330,

I knew your would be heads-up mine was a Footbreaker comment that went under the radar.

·
Super Moderator
34,718 Posts
That's a quick (efficient) et for 147. Was that typical for that combo
(quick et for a given mph)?

I had a bunch of gear in the car, set up for the first 1/8th to run hard.... that run was 1.23 60 IIRC....

That was a 358 SBFord with victor Edelbrock heads.

Engine didn't run as hard upstairs as it should have which also accounts for the mph....

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
That's a quick (efficient) et for 147. Was that typical for that combo
(quick et for a given mph)?
Ya,and yours is no slouch either John.:p

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I had a bunch of gear in the car, set up for the first 1/8th to run hard.... that run was 1.23 60 IIRC....

That was a 358 SBFord with victor Edelbrock heads.

Engine didn't run as hard upstairs as it should have which also accounts for the mph....
Ok, thanks. Just trying to get an idea of what mph my car would need to crack a 8.99. I figure it could do it with 148, but when I look at most other n/a cars running 8.9x the mph is higher. If I can get ~100lbs out of the car I think another 100hp will get me there.

Ya,and yours is no slouch either John.:p
Thanks! With 758hp, it's not setting the world on fire, but I think it's all getting to the ground pretty good.

·
T/S 368E
33,637 Posts

Most of us need 150 ish to make 8.99.

DAMN Chris. Pulling a 1.23 with an 8.91 is amazing. I'm no where close to that & I've been 8.50. Excellent working car you got there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts