Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
42,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But then get all wired up if someone posts who won? Most of the same ones that are bitching are also the same ones that talk that bullshit about only liking radial or 10.5 racing...LOL

·
Never hit Newbie Thread
10,393 Posts
Oh dont you have an Ark to build Charllie??? lol...

Glad to see you didnt float away....

Vanilla

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
Racing is racing....

·
Registered
12,031 Posts
They dont bother me but I try not to complain about much anyway.

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
I am a member and have a current NHRA Competition licence because I have to have one to run my class. I use to watch the events on TV every weekend years ago but as I got older and they became more and more commercialized I lost interest completely. I like to watch racing and less than 40% of what they now put on TV is actual racing. Another thing that bothers me is the way the Sportsman racers have been treated over the years. Yeah I know its the Fuel cars and Prostocks that puts the fans in the seats, but its the Sportsman racers that built the NHRA and that actually makes it possible for the event to take place. Its the same way in other series too, the fans come to see the Promods, 10.5 and Limited Street cars, but without the revenue of the index class cars very few race promoters would be sucessful. I dont bash the NHRA, (except for 4 wide) I just dont watch it.

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
You think these promoters are making the cake off of the index classes?
Do you have reading comprehension problems? I said without the revenue produced by the index car counts there are alot of promoters that couldnt afford to put on the events with those big payouts.

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
And if you average the cost of the tech card plus 4 crew for the weekend, 65 of those index cars bring in over $17,000 per event. It might not seem like much to you, but it is to a promoter on the day after a race.

·
42,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Damn, little touchy there, arent ya? All i'm trying to say is that the index races arent usually ran in order to make money...

·
Registered
16,659 Posts
Damn, little touchy there, arent ya? All i'm trying to say is that the index races arent usually ran in order to make money...

Not trying to be a smart ass but if they aren't ran to make money, then why are they ran? I don't think many promoters would run them at a loss.

·
42,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not trying to be a smart ass but if they aren't ran to make money, then why are they ran? I don't think many promoters would run them at a loss.
No, they dont want to lose money, but i'm betting they arent doing it with hopes of turning any sizeable profits...Maybe i'm wrong, but I dont think I am...

·
Registered
769 Posts
F U C K the Nazi Hot Rod Association I don't even hold a license for them any more. They treat anyone other than John Force and a few of the other pro's like crap. They could give less than a damn about any sportsman racing, hell, look how long it took them to give Pro-Mod any air time. IHRA rules in the Sportsman area, I wouldn't be surprised to see some 10.5 stuff in IHRA next year.

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
But then get all wired up if someone posts who won? Most of the same ones that are bitching are also the same ones that talk that bullshit about only liking radial or 10.5 racing...LOL

Because all we really want is something to bitch about. lol. Good point man.

·
Registered
10,942 Posts
NHRA treats the sportsman racer like shit !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I don't give two shits about the NHRA or tv coverage of NHRA events or if anyone posts results before they air. I have never opened my national dragster, it goes straight to the recycle bin. I send them money for my comp lic so I can race. After that, I really don't give a fuck. End.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts