Yellow Bullet Forums banner
121 - 140 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Email...............

July 16, 2015

Attention Aeroquip Heads Up Racers,

We will be moving our start time up to 2 PM for our Heads Up events from this point forward. The racer gates will open at 11 AM and qualifying will begin at 2 PM. Spectator gates will now be opening at 2 PM as well. We have had great attendance this year
and as a result our races are going later than we would like for
them to be.

We are hoping by starting an hour earlier we will be able to get done at least an hour earlier without having to eliminate any classes or qualifiers and still give our fans who come after work a great show with lots of racing to see.

Please pass this information along to all of your friends and fellow racers!!!
Thank you in advance for your continued cooperation.

Milan Dragway Management
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
8,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 · (Edited)
Milan will be alone soon to give us all reassurance that they are aware have a plan and going to discuss it with the racers because they care.
If you say so. Let us know how it works out.

Just got to have a little faith. Hopefully enough people have read this and things will move a little faster.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
getting to this late.
first off the july race is always the largest race of the season....the fireworks and the car counts help.
but I agree racers and fans alike just cannot be racing from 9am-4am its hard on the body, both physically and mentally.

switching to Saturdays will kill the fan base IMO.

but I do agree there is a lot of room for improvement on both sides:
Track side
1. stack cars starting line/burnout box/pair waiting behind..........cars are leaving the staging lanes and going right into the burnout box AFTER cars have launched.....tighten it up, yell at us racers.
2. start calls and get the lanes packed cars waiting in the lanes vs waiting for them to arrive is huge.....runs the program faster, keeps the track hot, track downtime kills spectator intrest and surface temps.
3. during elims the pairing of competitors feels it can be much faster/more organized......we all know who we are running.....if you don't know keep track.

Racers:
1. its been said listen and make your class calls....less time waiting on you means faster ran program.
2. startingline proceedures......and I am guilty of this, I was watching a video of last race passes and I yelled OMG I take forever up there....I do across the line burnout for traction, but the backup line up on some of these cars takes so damn long....
3. mentioned before.....keep ladders in the pits...so we know who we are racing thus when we get up to the lanes round 1 there is no guessing we already know who we are running.

what am I going to do:
1. starting at the AUG race I will have a huge white board outside my pit to track DRAG RADIAL qualifying ladder and the DRAG RADIAL eliminations ladder.....if you want to know who your running or where you stand swing by.
2. tighten up my starting line procedure.
3. be more prepared when I get to the lanes.

THERE IS A MAGIC RUNS PER HOUR number....Milan track does track this....they know if the show is running slow or even quick...so this is an important thing to them.. but we all can improve, both as racers and the track.

I would have no issue with 2 pro qualifiers, but do appreciate 3

and finally thank you Milan, I think the 1hr extra will help

hopefully Aug is a bit smoother.

·
Registered
116 Posts
it would move faster if they would just run the cars an then drag the track, they do to much of that an it takes time, move the cars to the line faster, an send them down, oil downs an crashes not after ever set of cars goes down drag it once then go, thats how SGMP part does it an they run some big numbers down there

·
8=======D ~~~~
2,932 Posts
We were packed up and leaving about 1:30 am They had called all final rounds to the lanes at that point so it should have been wrapped up by 2am

There was at least one track issue that took awhile to clean up that cut into the time a little bit.

·
Registered
42 Posts
still to much downtime!!!!
still waiting on cars to come to burnout box after he others are down the track. ( I feel the is a good hour plus being lose here alone)

·
Registered
9,858 Posts
There seemed to be more clean ups than usual ( not Milan's fault). The car count looked to be fairly big, so II thought things moved pretty good.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Progress report: here are our times from Friday night.
Race started at 2pm, we ran All Motor at....
Q1 - 3:06pm
Q2 - 5:55pm
Q3 - 7:30pm

E1 - 9:44pm
E2 - 11:35pm
E3 - 12:45am
E4 - 1:48am (Final)

121 - 140 of 148 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.