Yellow Bullet Forums banner
101 - 120 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Less qualifying, more racing with a larger field. I'd rather see a well sorted 8 second car who qualified #32 take out a carbon fiber promod truck who qualified #1 but cant seem to figure out his second pass..... :) That's underdog awesomeness. 1 qualifier, 32 car field.

Less qualifiers isn't a punishment, not knowing your vehicle is the punishment. I would also say most people at a friday night are not there to see the fastest of the fastest, they are there because they know someone racing. That's why i go, otherwise NHRA on TV would suffice.

·
Registered
847 Posts
if i remember correctly you were part of the problem 1 you didnt pay your entry fee , no number on your car ,just went up to the lanes when you wanted , didnt know what class you were running and had issues staging your car. so 2 qualifing passes and that is it start e1 no later than 8:30 period
Well I'm pretty sure I paid my money when I got there like everyone else?? Even on the night before even thou I didn't make a pass?? I'm pretty sure I was in the right lane with my class being everyone else also had D/R tires??? Staging could have gone smoother, being it was my 2nd and 3rd pass I guess it could have gone worse too. I made a pass at a T/T on a Sunday but being it just smoked the tires at every time I touched the throttle and my hatred for guard rails I called it a day. I have been inform by many D/R guys Friday night is the only time my car will hook. I have to start somewhere. I'm sorry if my 2 qualifying passes kept you at the track until 4 am and oh yeah, Bite me!

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
1. Start on time.
2. Pick up the pace
3. Reduce the amount of calls - set a time limit.
4. Keep the lanes moving.
5. Keep cars in the water / starting line.
6. Optimize Prep and Clean up times

-If there aren't cars going down the track, there is room for improvement.

Racers need to help in the process, Milan needs to push it.

I don't see the event ending before 1-1:30am , there are just too many cars now to end before midnite.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
If you move qualifying to the hotter part of the day, getting down with a fast pass is going to be harder. I also remember when Norwalk had the heads up program, they only allowed two qualifiers, and I think a lot of racers were turned off by that fact. ME, I like three hits, allows for teams to qualify and then reach for the stars with the other hits, making the show better.

I don't have a problem with it getting over at 1:30 or so, and agree this last one went way long, but I give Milan credit for filling the stands and the lanes with cars. If they all went that long, I agree there is a huge issue, but they all don't go that long.

We as racers can step it up and get to the lanes suited up and ready to go.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think they really need to enforce some sort of time limit too. If you're calling Open Comp down the tract at 3pm, at 2:55pm the lanes should be closed.

If you miss your qualifier, you're SOL.

If you're in the lanes and your not in the burn out box when the pair before takes off, point the car down the road in front of the bleachers and back to the trailer.

Create rules, enforce the rules. It's simple.

Norwalk can create a schedule for their large events with times on them, and live stream. If you want to see D/R and the schedule said 4:00pm, if you log on your computer for live stream you're watching D/R within 5-10 minutes of the scheduled start time.

Get a second tractor, cut prep time in half.

Announce the OC bump RT right after they qualify, don't make them wait an hour for it. Let the people go home that didn't make it instead of waiting around.

·
Registered
12 Posts
OC is already 2 qualifiers so punish the heads up guys by reducing them to 2, remember its a heads up race and the fans come to see THESE cars. The average fan hardly knows the difference between qualifying or racing, they just want to see bad ass cars make passes not 9 second OC cars pumping the breaks these are filler cars.

As far as Thurs goes that has became a waste of $100 dollars plus crew $150 track prep isn't in place to use passes for data for Friday. Last Thurs the weather condition were perfect all day for a killer surface I watched cars and myself blow the tires off until around 7pm, finally immediately after The Skinny Kid olds blew the tire off for the 3rd time that day Tom got on the tractor and sprayed and dragged after that everybody started getting down. Not bashing just facts.
I'm just saying, we run quick 8 races at Thompson, ran them at Norwalk back in the day and they were only 2 qualifiers yet we were still the show. It can be done in 2 hits, not really a need for 3...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes it allows the people a break to go get food, etc. but as far as the cost of a tractor with cut up tires on the back that drag down the track, I'm sure a random farmer in the area has an old one for sale.

It wouldn't take another employee, as during track prep there are 4-5 people standing at the start line talking. I understand it gives employees a break, but it would also get them out of there at a earlier hour.

The people that do work at Milan work insane hours, they're hard workers, I'm sure they wouldn't mind working a bit harder during prep time if it meant getting off sooner. Those same employees that are there til 4 am Friday night are the same guys I see at 830 am Sunday morning for Sunday Points Races.

·
Registered
6,358 Posts
Has "pitting" been brought up?

As a spectator who also drive 3 hrs to get there, I like the idea of "hard timelines". Start at 8 for elim's is a good idea. 16 car fields need 8 rounds, so make sure you have the min. time between rounds, YES it's a thrash, been there done it with your guys too.

The pitting idea is this: (run order as an example)

Have the HEADS UP running order set up in the pits area too. So if it's RWYB followed by 10.5 followed by A/M followed by MCM, then have the pits for them in order too. ALL of the cars in the class pit in the same area. So the CLASS as a whole can get an idea when they could be running. RWYB starts heading up, the 10.5 guys see that there going SOON. Gives the A/M guys an idea on the time they have.....

Just an idea from a Canadian.....

·
Registered
171 Posts
Many good ideas.. But I have to say I did not mind racing all night. We even went back and ran the Sunday bracket program. If I wanted to sleep I would stay home. Thanks Milan for letting us finish it.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I would like to say thank you to everyone on this post for their ideas and suggestions without bashing anyone. It's nice to have our racers helping to solve problems compared to the alternative!
We do understand your concerns with the time it takes to get this event in. Granted, it's not always a 4 am night, but there are things we all can do to streamline the event. The Milan management team is looking at all of your suggestions and comments here, and along with some of our ideas we can come up with a game plan to make it better for everyone.
I just wanted to let everyone know your voices are being heard and we are making adjustments. It will take all of us - Milan staff and racer/crew to make the difference! More info to come...

Kelley Longwish

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
:smt038:smt038:smt038:smt038:smt038:smt038:smt038
I would like to say thank you to everyone on this post for their ideas and suggestions without bashing anyone. It's nice to have our racers helping to solve problems compared to the alternative!
We do understand your concerns with the time it takes to get this event in. Granted, it's not always a 4 am night, but there are things we all can do to streamline the event. The Milan management team is looking at all of your suggestions and comments here, and along with some of our ideas we can come up with a game plan to make it better for everyone.
I just wanted to let everyone know your voices are being heard and we are making adjustments. It will take all of us - Milan staff and racer/crew to make the difference! More info to come...

Kelley Longwish
:smt038:smt038:smt038:smt038:smt038:smt038:smt038
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
511 Posts
Kelly, Thank You and the Milan Staff ! Your response means more then you think to most of us who have a passion for the Sport! We want nothing more then to see it successful and growing.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts

Kelley Longwish
Thanks for all Milan does!
:smt023:smt023:smt023:smt023:smt023:smt023:smt023:smt023:smt023

·
Registered
8,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
Thanks Kelley for your response I think another area where improvement is needed is communication, For example during down time let the racers know over the loud speaker what is going on, Nothing more frustrating for the fans and racers either strapped into their cars or on the grounds in general looking at the track with no tractor on it and no cars going down it nothing moving and silence over the speaker, Racers and fans know shit happens let us know periodically it will go a long way.

·
Empress
1,928 Posts
Thanks Kelley for your response I think another area where improvement is needed is communication, For example during down time let the racers know over the loud speaker what is going on, Nothing more frustrating for the fans and racers either strapped into their cars or on the grounds in general looking at the track with no tractor on it and no cars going down it nothing moving and silence over the speaker, Racers and fans know shit happens let us know periodically it will go a long way.
Chris you are right. Communication is key and goes a long way to establishing good customer relations.

101 - 120 of 148 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.