Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
9,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Ford guys this is a solid video comparing real world Coyote Mustang output compared to Camaro LS output. This is for Ford people only because with the Coyote coming in with slightly more hp will undoubtedly send the gm nut huggers over the edge.

WARNING!:if you are a GM aficionado DO NOT VIEW THIS. Your brand DOES NOT win the horsepower competition. THIS IS FOR FORD AFICIONADOS ONLY! If your feelings get hurt DON’T BLAME ME.

I like this Stangmode guy because he’s fair and he’s having a blast with his Mustang aka the “Black Mamba”

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Are the numbers corrected for final drive ratio and tire diameter?

Other than that, both are kinda disappointing. Not gonna say which make my small block is but it's a 400 and it makes those numbers according to ET. lol

·
Registered
9,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The striking comparison for me was the exhaust note from both vehicles back to back. I’ve heard some very mean sounding LS engines around here but in this video with these two cars I just think the Coyote sounds a little bit better throughout.

·
Aviation Section
25,352 Posts
Just on looks alone I would rather have the Mustang, the Camaro is just so butt ugly. BTW, I just flipped a 2005 Shelby, what a nice car, would have been nice to keep but I already have a bunch of cars and trucks I cannot drive every day, I would be afraid to leave something that nice in a parking lot but enjoyed it while I had it. Dave

·
Registered
9,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes I agree fellas the Mustang is the nicer looking car, and to be fair the Challenger is nice for a more upright muscle car.

I was looking through the Jeg’s catalog the other day at specifically the crate engines they are featuring. Right down the line in every category that had Ford/Chevy listings the peak horsepower “rating” for the Chev was always higher than the Ford sometimes by a huge margin. This is true of most advertisements from many speed shops, by far Jegs is not exclusive on this phenomenon.

But somehow some way when engines from each manufacturer are tested on the same day on the same dyno the results always seem very close. (The LS vs. Coyote duel notwithstanding since that was a defective comparison)

I’m not here to go rah rah rah Ford, I’m here to point out that this big advantage that Chevrolet gets credited with at every turn just might be a manufactured one. I’m here to say Fords stand up fine and Mopar too.

I think the guys building LS this and LS that oughta think before they jump ship.

·
Survived Drag Week 2018
6,378 Posts
LOL, your posts are funny, with that said the mustang does look the best compared to the Camaro. I also feel the mustang is the best bang for the buck for someone without brand loyalty wanting to get into a modern muscle car.
The challenger is the best looking car of the big three modern muscle cars, has a lot of different models but my main complaint is them being so damn heavy....

·
Aviation Section
25,352 Posts
That 1940 Ford is very nice and the money they are asking is not out of line, very few have a BBC in them, there is just not a lot of room.

Dave

1 - 20 of 40 Posts