Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I call up the conv. company of the conv. I have and I ask them, will my conv. like a 150 or more hp level of nitrous? and the guy reply's with yes, it will like it alot and not to go over a 250 hp level though, now I am thinking, hmmmmm why would he say that? I am assuming(and we all love to assume right:)) that a N/A engine would like one style of conv. while a Nitrous engine would want another style or even a larger dia.!!!!!

So, what's the deal, can one convertor like both worlds of power?
Were talkin about a 9" 5000 stall behind a BBC makin sayyy 800 hp, and around 700ftlbs. of torque. I don't think one convertor will like both worlds of power, but I could be wrong, anyone??????
Thanks

John

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Seems like I missed this thread, sorry guys:rolleyes:

Any properly built converter will hold up. If you want the most out of the motor , you need a specific converter. If you want the most out of the nitrous you need another. If you want the car to be slow on both motor and nitrous , get a converter in the middle (not right for either). You get where im going with this im sure.

from Hutch.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Seems like I missed this thread, sorry guys:rolleyes:

Any properly built converter will hold up. If you want the most out of the motor , you need a specific converter. If you want the most out of the nitrous you need another. If you want the car to be slow on both motor and nitrous , get a converter in the middle (not right for either). You get where im going with this im sure.

from Hutch.
X2 Spot on Hutch!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts