1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
Min of 5gal.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Depends on if your trans cooling or not. 5 gal w/ 2 - 2 1/2 bags should cover you through hot or cold weather.

·
King Shit on Turd Island
33,367 Posts
Just out of curiosity, has anyone on here changed from the older style intercooler to the new honeycomb style? I was wondering , with the extra demand in water flow did you have to put a larger water tank in and if you did how much bigger did you have to go?

The reason I ask is, I just recently bought a new older style intercooler (very large and heavy) and I'm wondering if the extra water needed with the new style intercooler if this somewhat balances out, like I think it would? When I purchased this intercooler this was a non issue, but the rules for the class I'm trying to build my car for changed in favor for what I'm building by 200 lbs., now the weight is an issue! I'd hate to have to put it up for sale after just buying it, but I may just have to.

I believe it's similar in size to the one Jim Monson runs, unless he's updated since the picture I saw of his.

Thanks for your input guys.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
All the racers Ive asked have told me a 5 gal cell is enough for a race car. Most of these guys are running PT3000 or equivalent. Mine is only a PT2000.

·
Registered
736 Posts
if it didn't have that pretty billet end cap I'd say have Macey modify it to have an integrated tank like on ray's mustang. I'm pretty sure you could get away with a much small tank and pump both with that type of deal since the core is always bathed in the water, with the pump on the opposite side of the core from the ice.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts