Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the second kit from Steve sitting in the living room, got to wondering last night if I could run it off the same fuel reg as the first kit. My expected tuneup will be somewhere between 32 and 36 nitrous jet in each kit. Actually, one stage is plates, but that is the equivalent.

I know it is better to have each kit on its own reg for tuneability, and I have another 803 sitting here. But for space and simplicity, I was wondering how much can be run through just one?

·
TRZ Rocks!
3,737 Posts
Flow wise it could do it no problem. But it 's really nice(and maybe necessary) to have the ability to adjust each kit.

There are some really fast cars out there that use one one fuel reg for multiple kits and tune the fuel of each with jets. Its seems to be a little easier to just adjust the pressure a little and not have to deal with changeing all those jets. But as always there is more than 1 way to skin a cat.

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
As he said, there's more than one way to skin the cat. Rehr-Morrison systems use one big regulator and tune with the kits. Fulton uses the more common, one regulator per kit. They all work, just a matter of preference and comfort level.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, thanks for the answers guys. I'm still debating, but leaning towards the single.

After I posted this, I started wondering about one kit affecting the other. If I get each kit right standalone, will the plug still look right with both turned on? I think the reg will maintain pressure even with the increase in flow, but wondering if anybody has experience?

Also, I've read that two kits that are right standalone, will be rich together, but not sure I understand this. If this is true, then a little extra pressure drop with both kits might not be a bad thing?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts