Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering of how big of a fuel pump I need for a 770 hp. 540 inch bbc. Car will be around 2800 lbs. and should run 8.60's any info. would be gratefull.........Also which brand to stay away from.:confused:

·
Beyond old
4,076 Posts
A few minutes on the fone w/ they guys @ Weldon would be a good place to get some info.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
use a Magnafuel 500 great pump.

·
The Grouch
3,061 Posts
X2 on the Magnafuel. You can't go wrong with that company. Stand up customer service and a outstanding product.

·
Registered
131 Posts
x3 on magnafuel, I have a 700 hp Chevelle 3700lbs runs high 9's using a Magnafuel Pro Star 300 w/ no prob. The 500 would be more than enough.

·
R.I.P DAD 9-25-2012
4,967 Posts
MAG 500 LOVE IT

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Magna Fuel is great but I don't think you need the 500 although it will work and you would have it if you decide to go bigger cu.in. Also look at product engineering fuel systems he does a excellent fuel pump and is very helpful.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I had bg stuff. After i got sick of the problems I got the magnafuel 500 with a product engineering reg. havent even looked at my fuel system in 2 years now. I street drive often too. Is this 770 to the wheels Im assuming to go that fast?

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
Thanks Magna Flow 500 it is. Are you guys using it with the filter combo?

The MagnaFuel can be purchased with or without filter.

Both have a built in bypass.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Do you plan on goin' with a power adder later? If "Yes", go ahead with the 500, if "No", save some coin for other stuff and get a smaller pump. Depends on what your budget is, good luck!

---==Temio Williams
Yuba City, CA

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
X2 on the Magnafuel. You can't go wrong with that company. Stand up customer service and a outstanding product.

Do you have a contact there? I have a prostar 500 & have sent Emails & have received no reply. So at this point I think their customer service is lacking

1 - 20 of 24 Posts