Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Unoffical YB Fundraiser
14,678 Posts
How big of a cam do you want ?
I would think with a small base circle cam you could go pretty big.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i had a cam made for my app and 695 lift is all they said i could get with out the cam hitting the rods i have a set of ported 18* heads with 2.200 valves really think i need more lift

·
El-conquistador, sir
17,435 Posts
i had a cam made for my app and 695 lift is all they said i could get with out the cam hitting the rods i have a set of ported 18* heads with 2.200 valves really think i need more lift
Are you driving to get groceries, or what exactly are you running this motor in and for?.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I had a .950" base cam in mine that was 247/255 with .413" lobe lift. It cleared but was close. Now it has a .900" base cam in it 256/260 with .422" lobe lift and has plenty of room. The rods are Scat Pro-comp I-beams. I think with H-beams it might be a little tighter.

·
Beer makes me pee
9,784 Posts
I dont recall the specs but my index engine had a 770 lift @ 1.6 ratio

·
Registered
901 Posts
Smaller lift at cam more ratio at rocker. Your valve train will thank you.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
if you really want to get the most , have the cylinder heads flowed on a good bench and provide the flow sheet and the rest of the vehicle specs to a custom cam grinder . No cam shaft is going to do more than what the heads will allow it .

·
Registered
6,510 Posts
A guy asked me if that was a 3/4 cam in my Hemi GTX. I told him,No. I perfer a whole cam.

·
Registered
5,962 Posts
Smaller lift at cam more ratio at rocker. Your valve train will thank you.
He's got the right idea here, less lobe lift and more rocker ratio.......
If you check out some of the NASCAR typr places, they have all sort of strange rocker ratios they use.
You can maybe find some for sale somewhere.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts