Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 448 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am switching over to on-board air, and at the same time switching all of my push lock stuff over to AN -4.

How are you guys hooking your -4 lines to the MAP pressure sensor plastic nipple?

Doesn't look like a -4 line will fit directly on... are you using an adapter?

Looking for clean solutions...

·
Registered
793 Posts
I just run standard rubber hose with a zip tie. Have only been to 22lbs though. I though about doing what you want and I was going to trim the barb portion down on the sensor then try running a tap over it ( if there is a size that will work ), then tap a piece of tubing with a An fitting attached somehow. Maybe welded? Screw it on with a little sealant. :smt102

·
Registered
279 Posts
I took the plastic barb down with a razor blade and slid a regular push lock vaccum fitting over the smooth plastic nub coming of the 3bar map sensor.

·
Beyond old
3,360 Posts
I'm going to mount the brick style 3 bar on the side of the vac manifold. A late model "o'ring seal", from an old sensor will work great. This will run the dash boost ga. The LS9 3 bar will feed the Dominator.
My experience says to mount the sensors w/ the inlet pointing down. This lessens the chance of moisture collecting.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I am switching over to on-board air, and at the same time switching all of my push lock stuff over to AN -4.

How are you guys hooking your -4 lines to the MAP pressure sensor plastic nipple?

Doesn't look like a -4 line will fit directly on... are you using an adapter?

Looking for clean solutions...
i have these billet map sensor brackets with o-ring and -3 fitting works flawless no leaks also comes in black $40

·
Registered
672 Posts
You cant afford a 4 bar map sensor but you can afford to redo all those hoses in your car in braid/fittings? Come on now lol.

6BOOST

·
Registered
720 Posts
You cant afford a 4 bar map sensor but you can afford to redo all those hoses in your car in braid/fittings? Come on now lol.

6BOOST
It's one hose and if you are running 30lb of boost and under then there's no need for a 4 bar map. This is simple and clean and leak free.

·
Registered
672 Posts
It's one hose and if you are running 30lb of boost and under then there's no need for a 4 bar map. This is simple and clean and leak free.
Wasn't directed at you at all mate, that bracket is both sexy and ingenuitive:) Some factory ECU's can't even accept greater than a 3 bar... Just saying, in general, that saying cost is a reason was a bit silly☺

Regards, 6BOOST

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

6BOOST
Lol... I didn't say that! I needed to get away from the push lock because it keeps splitting hoses from the heat. Just looking for the cleanest way to do it... Not cheapest.

Got my tank all mounted up under the dash last night.

1 - 20 of 448 Posts