Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What alarm companies or survelliance systems are you guys using. I need to get something for my garage and house including cameras. I was wondering what security companies are the best. Some guys tried to break in my coworkers house and he got everything on tape including them staking out down the street, it made the news!

·
Put Custom Title HERE!...
56,427 Posts
What alarm companies or survelliance systems are you guys using. I need to get something for my garage and house including cameras. I was wondering what security companies are the best. Some guys tried to break in my coworkers house and he got everything on tape including them staking out down the street, it made the news!
Alarm companies sell your contract continually to other companies, so who you start with can be somebody different in a month or two!...

READ YOUR CONTRACT!...
They'll generally outfit your house (keypad, 2 or 3 sensors, an outdoor sign, window stickers and installation) just for you accepting a 36mo. monitoring agreement!...
Once your contract expires, you can cancel and the equipment belongs to you!...

However, what people don't realize (READ YOUR CONTRACT), is that you must notify the contract holder (in writting) 30 days prior to your expiration date, or your contract is AUTOMATICALLY renewed for another 12 months!...

Do yourself a favor and Google ANY alarm company that you're considering using!...
YES, I learned the expensive way!...
Did I mention: READ YOUR CONTRACT!... :yawinkle:

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Sonitrol has a semi-new home system. They have been one of the leaders in commercial alarm systems for years. I have their new setup in my house. Its ALL wireless other than a 110V power source. Literally has a cell phone card in the brain of the system. There is a microphone/speaker setup on the wall, so they talk to you right through that. They can listen in when the alarm is set off, to see if there are intruders in the house. Can relay info to the PD to let them know where in the house they are located. They can even hear dogs nails on hardwood floors...

All in all its a pretty cool system. Cameras can be added as well. Usually, cameras are not part of the security system, but instead their own entity with a DVR recording system.

·
Banned
41,558 Posts
Sonitrol has a semi-new home system. They have been one of the leaders in commercial alarm systems for years. I have their new setup in my house. Its ALL wireless other than a 110V power source. Literally has a cell phone card in the brain of the system. There is a microphone/speaker setup on the wall, so they talk to you right through that. They can listen in when the alarm is set off, to see if there are intruders in the house. Can relay info to the PD to let them know where in the house they are located. They can even hear dogs nails on hardwood floors...

All in all its a pretty cool system. Cameras can be added as well. Usually, cameras are not part of the security system, but instead their own entity with a DVR recording system.
So one should keep the moans and groans in the bedroom to a minimum.

·
502 daddy
3,311 Posts
I went to a local place got mine for the house..It was 500 installed if you come in my house the alarm will go off and then Puppy will eat your ass...

·
WHAT NOW ?
17,435 Posts
I used ADT for camera system and alarm systems for shop & house....they did a great job. monitoring is about $40 a month for each system.....they respond fast.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here we have ADT and Broadview securtiy and I dont trust these companies. I have a bar that I pick up and someone broke in ripped out the security including the cameras and everything. Who the fuck else would be able to do that other than the motherfuckers that installed it?

·
Senior Frog
10,345 Posts
basic alarm system stink.......if you want to protect you need to spend coin...windows,doors,glass break sensors ,motion sensors
the list is endless,i spend some extra to wire up my house and shop......you get robbed a few times you know what shitty feeling it is
Spend that extra cause the insurance company hates race cars and parts

·
I kill parts
10,485 Posts
My buddy is going through this right now. Got hit this time last year and the alarm went off and they didn't get anything major before hauling butt out of there.(only thing he has ever noticed missing was a big music CD folder). - He got hit again last week, they broke in the same window(his 4yo daughters bedroom on the back of the house) ripped the alarm off the wall and got a bunch of stuff(12-gauge, ipad, watche, a ring, etc, all smaller items but not cheap). - ADT never even knew it happened, motion sensor they went past + ripping the alarm off the wall.

He's doing hurricane windows & and 8 camera system this week. - Sad part is, we know which neighbor did it(ITP 589 tire marks beside the house from a SxS utility bike). The good news is, the police are going to subpeona the service on his ipad and track it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts