Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
kenny crockett
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have searched yb. and have not found anything. i would like to put carpet in my house, what is the best kind of carpet that i can purchase and where to buy it at? if there is anyone local in richmond va, that could be recommended for me to check out.

·
coffee extraordinaire
11,218 Posts
depends what what you like. If you have pets & live in a dirty area, as in, you have kids that drag mud into the house etc. DO NOT get Berber carpet.

This website is about the best if you want to decide on carpet.

http://www.carpet.org/

·
Balls Deep N A Build
877 Posts
If you were in Indy I could hook you up brother! Type of carpet is going to depend on the budget, traffic, and other things. Is this a house you plan on staying at awhile? If so obviously you want something good. With flooring you definetly get what you pay for. I would spend the extra money for the best pad. Usually 1/2 inch 8lb pad. Some of the high dollar pads are available with a spill guard on top which is very nice too. If spills and animals arent a concern then that might be overkill. Doesnt matter if you choose plush, berber, level loop, or frieze carpet. They all come cheap, they all come expensive. Frieze is what I sell the most of. Its the most common and modern looking. It also hides seams very well. It like a twisted plush (short shag style). Berber is on the way out and is a mofo to clean.

:drinkers:

Definetly dont use empire (They are consistently 40% higher than me) and be real cautious with the fine print from Lowes, Home Depot, ect. The install may seem cheap but they are making it up on the material. Your local mom and pop carpet store that has been around for awhile is your best bet or a independent contractor like me with no overhead that you can trust. Hope this helps.

·
kenny crockett
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Carpet sucks with kids and animals. Make sure it's dark. Hardwood floors for me.
do not have any dogs in the house. and as for the the little one that we have he does not eat or drink where there is carpet.only in the kitchen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts