·
Registered
5,511 Posts
$-7.50, well thats about what my friends end up paying me.:p
^^^ So true^^^ I charge 50 HR, but I never end up getting it.:(

·
Registered
752 Posts
I charge 40 per hour, and when I quote someone a price for some reason I am an asshole and they just can't believe it could cost that much, you know, "because it looks so easy and there is really nothing to it, should'nt take long at all, If I had a place to do it and owned a welder I could just do it myself" I just had one of these assholes the other day, needless to say he is not bringing his shit here

·
Registered
516 Posts
I charge 40 per hour, and when I quote someone a price for some reason I am an asshole and they just can't believe it could cost that much, you know, "because it looks so easy and there is really nothing to it, should'nt take long at all, If I had a place to do it and owned a welder I could just do it myself" I just had one of these assholes the other day, needless to say he is not bringing his shit here
This is the reason I stopped building lowriders/minitrucks for other people. They take all the fun out of it

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Not only is the price high, so is the shop that gave you that price:rolleyes: ....For an 8pt??
yeah this car has never had cage not like it had to cut out .. the car is slow
it went 11.30 so I have to doing something if I want to run it again at the track... I got to make 2 pass last year.

·
Registered
752 Posts
???HUH??? are you chinese? I no understand you saying??
it went 11.30 so I have to doing something if I want to run it again at the track... I got to make 2 pass last year.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts

It all depends on what you want the shop to do. The variables to quoting price with no details given here are overwhelming.

For example:

Is the interior out or will the shop have to do this
Is it a custom fit or a kit
moly or mild steel
tig or mig welding
tin work of any kind
etc..
etc..

all of the above will factor in. Pick a reputable place and get a price. Then that's the price. Judging if it's high or low requires one to know all the facts and details of the job. Considering a price "high" based on nothing (no knowledge and no details) isn't very credible.

·
Registered
786 Posts
It all depends on what you want the shop to do. The variables to quoting price with no details given here are overwhelming.

For example:

Is the interior out or will the shop have to do this
Is it a custom fit or a kit
moly or mild steel
tig or mig welding
tin work of any kind
etc..
etc..

all of the above will factor in. Pick a reputable place and get a price. Then that's the price. Judging if it's high or low requires one to know all the facts and details of the job. Considering a price "high" based on nothing (no knowledge and no details) isn't very credible.
Well said.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts