Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone read it?????????????????...is it still relvant????????i grew up reading it....dosen't seem the same.....opinions?

·
LSx The World
4,035 Posts
I think the internet killed the magazine

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
I have a ton of old mags from the 70s and 80s that I will look at occasionally. It's interesting to look back on stuff.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Hot Rod was ressurected some years ago and is now WELL WORTH your 4 bucks. You won't see turbo notchback Mustangs on every page, but if you keep an open mind, I promise you will dig it.

-Abone.

·
Registered
29,025 Posts
Pushing unreal HP numbers to get product placement. If I paid enough and invented a spark plug and claimed 25 HP I'm sure the article would reflect that. They have sold out to the highest bidder.

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
I still get it. Lots of interesting old and new stuff! Plus I used to work with Rob Kinnan (editor) Lots of old memories there.

·
Registered
22,179 Posts
I subscribe to HR, CC and CHP and I do it by using the postcards when they are all on sale really cheap.

One of them may be three years out there or more, but that's fine by me.

I'd love to get SC and PHR but gotta draw the line somewhere.

And yes, I have box after box of the old issues way back to probably the late '80's because I gave away a bunch of my late '60's/early '70's issues years and years ago...

pdq67

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
An iPad will get rid of that stack of magazines on your toilet tank... Lol
Sorry to say, you are absolutly correct!! Since I got an iPhone, magazines don't even get read in the bathroom, and up until the iPhone, they had a place there..

Now Hot Rod Magazine is a very relavent magazine, David Freiburger and Rob Kennan still are on top of the latest and greatest stuff, only problem is, by the time it comes out in print, it has been all over the interweb.. Still some great stories written in HR, that you won't find anywhere else, so I still get it, and read it!

When it comes to the interwebs, Freiburger is right on top of things, watch for a lot of stuff from him on HotRod.com. The trip that he just did with the Crusher Camaro was awesome, and everything in real time on the interwebs!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
I still get it. Its a simple mag for a lot of hot rodders that may not be up or able to go real fast and just like creative hot rods. I get on the bullet to find real info that pertains to goin fast with what works, my dad loves Hot Rod to see different styles he can relate to. A lot of my friends have been in the mag which is cool as shit to see. I run drag week so I want to support them for that as well. $20 two year subscription. or 3 gal of fuel, fuck it, the mag is fun to read.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'm a subscriber since Kinnan took over. I think they have a pretty good mix of stuff in there these days. Never really dug the Land Speed stuff until I started reading about it in Hot Rod. I like reading about the old pioneering days of hot rodding too since I'm too young to have lived through it my self. Good mag. Well worth the $20 for a two year subscription in my opinion.

·
REBUILDING
10,877 Posts
Hot Rod was ressurected some years ago and is now WELL WORTH your 4 bucks. You won't see turbo notchback Mustangs on every page, but if you keep an open mind, I promise you will dig it.

-Abone.
More like $5.99 if you don't have a subscription! I get em all HR, PHR, SC, SHP, CC. I love em except, all the LS stuff... who can afford it. But I love the BBC stuff and the oldies plus the race car stuff!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
i just started to read it again the recent 2 mag write up on Don Purdhomme was really good .Before that I hadn't read it in years we,ll see how long it peaks my interest. I like reading about drag week also but to be honest I think Drag Illustrated did a far better write up on Larry Larson and his car then hot rod did and it wasn't even their race. He deserves a lot more ink for his accomplishments . I would say he put that mag back in the spot light but they didn't take advantage of it and missed the chance to sell a lot of magazines. Even their tv show should feature the drag week race and do a Whole show on Larson and his shop etc,but it doesn't .
They would rather do a show on the Cadillac movement on the west coast? go figure?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts