Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
www.PelechBrosRacing.com
4,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Busted this pig at first light this morning with an even heavier King coming just minutes later!

The morning's tally: 4 Kings, 1 Laker, and a spaz Steelhead that was seen everywhere but in the water after being hooked. That damn thing didn't have fins, it had wings!

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Hide your arms a little better. :) Holding him that far away doesnt really fool anyone you know. Its still a nice king. :)

·
www.PelechBrosRacing.com
4,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We didn't weigh my fish above because the one below was heavier. They were both about the same length (which we didn't measure) but the fish below was a much thicker fish. This one weighed 18 so I'd guess my fish was probably 14 or 15.

Here's a picture of the spaz Steelhead (estimated at 7 or 8 pounds) that took a spoon that was running 60 feet down, which is awfully deep for Steelhead. They typically work in the top 1/4 of the water column. We saw a couple Steelhead sipping food off the top of the water in the scum line so I have no idea what this guy was doing down that deep. With all of the jumping and tail-walking this thing was doing, my brother-in-law thought for sure I was going to lose this fish - especially when it ran dead at the boat and wrapped around the outdrive. Fortunately, it unwrapped itself just as fast as it wrapped itself up.

·
Not a fan of Monty Mikho
3,061 Posts
Very nice catchs their 2091, tell me what lake are you fishing. I'm guessing your back east somewhere. Not too many places out on the left {west} coast where you hook springs, lakers and steelhead all on the same pond....

·
www.PelechBrosRacing.com
4,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very nice catchs their 2091, tell me what lake are you fishing. I'm guessing your back east somewhere. Not too many places out on the left {west} coast where you hook springs, lakers and steelhead all on the same pond....
Thanks! These fish were caught on the Michigan side of Lake Michigan out of Port Sheldon...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts