Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These shows are all goin down hill. I flip on the tv and horsepower tv is on. Thinking ok cool I'll sit down and watch. They pull up in some new charger with a big ass aluminum import wing on it and hook it to a tractor pull sled and do pulls with the damn thing in the dirt. Wtf is goin on w these dumb shows. I want to see engine builds and drag racing not aluminum wings and truck pulls using a car.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I agree they suck in general but last week was pretty good. The supercharged hemi build was bad ass. gave me some ideas for my 4.8 ls build im working on right now.

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
They did a F150 before that in 2 wheel drive 4 wheel drive then loaded it with bully dog programmer and did it again in 2 and 4.

·
Registered
401 Posts
So what you are saying is that you don't think it is realistic to do a complete Engine Build including Tune and Dyno time in a Half Hour? I stopped watching them many years ago!

·
To Boost or not to Boost?
2,245 Posts
The show is about HorsePower and they were displaying the HorsePower and Torque increase during a Tuning Upgrade to the vehicle. It just so happens that the person who it belonged to is into truck pulls. And every show they tape wont be for everyone but they still deliver some good information to their viewers.

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
The show is about HorsePower and they were displaying the HorsePower and Torque increase during a Tuning Upgrade to the vehicle. It just so happens that the person who it belonged to is into truck pulls. And every show they tape wont be for everyone but they still deliver some good information to their viewers.
This^^^

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
So what you are saying is that you don't think it is realistic to do a complete Engine Build including Tune and Dyno time in a Half Hour? I stopped watching them many years ago!
You know they do edit these things.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Watching the Powerblock has become the definition of insanity.

I hate the same old "product placement" bullchit. I wouldn't put Patriot Perf heads on a junk Ford Modular lump. And what about the wimp dick cam swap?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Watching the Powerblock has become the definition of insanity.

I hate the same old "product placement" bullchit. I wouldn't put Patriot Perf heads on a junk Ford Modular lump. And what about the wimp dick cam swap?
You do realize marty runs a conventional patriot head on his bb tt capri and has been low 4.50s in radial form right?

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Stopped watching it a long time ago. Their budget bills made me laugh. Too much new parts instead of working to really see the potential of a older part.

Oh this part does this, but then were gonna throw this new part on to replace it, do a cam swap, and it gives us a extra 30 HP plus its more shiny. Fuck that.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I love to see big inch motors with 9:1 comp and edelbrock carbs. Like the Musi 555 ci , the throttle body injection makes more power.

·
Registered
549 Posts
way better than Willi B mucking up 2 Guys garage. I still find PowerBlock TV to be interesting and informative and if not I just change the channell.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts