Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a Mickey Thompson sponsored frorum, but I have a question.

I'm looking for a tire that will be mainly for street use, but a few track passes. I'm looking for a happy medium between life and grip. I've heard lots of good things about the Hoosier QTP's. I'm definitely not opposed to running a ET Street or ET Drag. I could care less what is DOT legal. I've heard that a ET Street is a waste of time and money if willing to run a ET Drag.

I'm looking for opinions from people who have used BOTH tires, mainly on the street.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Had et streets on the street and hated them, the car was too unstable even with 30 psi in the tires, now I have the 235 MT radial and love them, hooks better for me than the 26x 10.5 et street.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anybody have any experience with stabililty on the Hoosiers?

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys think I'd be better off on a Mickey T street radial?

·
[email protected] JoeCool Performance
2,076 Posts
I used to run a 28x11.5 quick time pro and loved them. They hooked great on the street for me launching at 4000 and stepping on it right away.the car had a 306 that ran 10.70 at the track at the time. This was with a t-5 five speed and a 200 shot.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used to run a 28x11.5 quick time pro and loved them. They hooked great on the street for me launching at 4000 and stepping on it right away.the car had a 306 that ran 10.70 at the track at the time. This was with a t-5 five speed and a 200 shot.
Was the tire pretty stable at higher speeds? What kind of life did you get out of em?

·
Registered
117 Posts
qtp are the shit they hook on the street an the track..
et did n work for me street or track,,, how long do they last,,
about 4 mos..... now the mickey thomson drag radial will last a
long time, an i hear they hook well, ????? they say the new nitto
55sr his the shit, don.t know....

·
Registered
712 Posts
As far as bias ply tires go, I never saw any real difference b/t the ET Street and ET Drag. The ET Street just has grooves in it and is DOT legal. Heard a lot of good things about the Hoosier QTP's though.

As far as radials, I like the M/T ET Street radials. From what I've seen and heard, the Hoosier radials don't last as long, but hook just as good.

If you want one tire for mostly street but hook good at the track too, the M/T ET Street RADIAL is what I'd put on it.

If you're running a Lightning (just noticed your avatar pic), I'd go with a bias ply tire. I have never heard anyone say their Lightning hooked good at the track on radials if it's making decent power.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts